Would you move to Texas if....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then why do so many people use "illegal" as a synonym for "Mexican" ?
I don't think "so many" do. I think some do and some of those happen to do be loud, brash and garner a lot of attention. Then, everyone who has a problem with illegal immigration gets lumped in with them. It's the same thing that happens to gun owners or conspiracy theorists when some crazy loon shoots up a movie theater. Frankly, we probably all know how everyone on this board feels about the issue by now. Why do we have to re-hash it in every thread that comes up. It's getting old.

Now, let's get back to the topic that somehow was derailed into an illegal immigration/racism thread. I have lived in Texas three different times. I lived in the panhandle as a kid and those were the worst years of my life. I lived in Dallas, pre-kid and thought it was a lot of fun. I lived in Dallas again, post-kid, and got tired of spending all my time in traffic instead of home with my family. I like East Texas with rolling hills and tall Pines.

I'm not ready to move there though. I don't care much for our political system as it stands. I think 99.999% of the politicians in DC are far more concerned with lining their own pockets than with looking out for the common man. If the .001% stay there long enough, they will be turned as well. This is why all politicians should be term limited. I think it would be the single greatest reform we could make right now. If we had enough turnover up there, then we might actually get some common folks back in office.

I would like us to value the constitution far more than we do, insist on personal accountability, shrink the government and return the power back to local governments. I think with more and more people going on the dole it is going to be hard to turn this ship around. I haven't given up yet though. I still love the USA and hope that the tide will turn back in a positive direction. I would monitor Texas though and might consider it as plan B if things get much worse here than I think they will.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The liberals should be ecstatic of the idea of a Texas secession.

Just think of how much more blue the politics in America would be without all those Red electoral votes from Texas.

I was just thinking this angle this morning too... The Democrats would win every national election in a landslide without having to worry about all of Texas's red votes.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how the libs are always talking about racism and how the evil right is racist. This is just another tactic the libs use to keep the blue Koolaid drinkers ignorantly believing the lies. The reality is that the libs do this to divert people from seeing their own racism.

It's also because some of the evil right IS, in fact, racist. You guys can try to deflect to deflect the issue all you want. However, Republicans in many states have pushed anti-immigrant bills with the goal of getting rid of these undocumented. It is a simple fact. This attitude towards Latinos helped the Democrats win the election.

Keep this in mind, the population demographic is going to shift. Many of us will feel its effects soon. Oklahoma is a locked down red state now, but what about in 10 or 15 years?

What I found humorous is that so many folks bleating for seceesion are the same folks who harbor a lot of negative feelings towards Hispanics. So, why go to Texas?

And just FYI, racism comes in lots of forms. You don't have to be screaming ethnic slurs to be a racist.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's also because some of the evil right IS, in fact, racist. You guys can try to deflect to deflect the issue all you want. However, Republicans in many states have pushed anti- ILLEGAL immigrant bills with the goal of getting rid of these undocumented.

fixed it for you since you can't be honest.
btw it's the dems' that want to keep minorities poor,uneducated and dependent on government so they can keep thier votes. the right wants a better America for everyone .It's not too much to ask that you obey the law and come here legally

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberal honesty is difficult. They rail against us conservatives because we believe that the law should be followed with regards to enforcement of existing immigration laws. Then, when they have the chance to do something about it themselves, what with having the House, Senate and Presidency in Democrat control, they still didn't pass immigration reform.

Many didn't even know that until Telemundo's interview and taking of Obama to the woodshed about his lack of action. Shoot, there are still some that don't have a clue about the Democratic Party inaction with regards to immigration reform.

We conservatives learned long ago that when we are winning an argument with a liberal, we can expect to be called racist, homophobe, and "insert-your-favorite-slur-here" as a method by the liberal to try to shut us up. That way, they can at least "think" they won the argument. (This last comment is not meant to apply to ALL liberals, just those that are clueless. J.B.???? He's just using the "language" to stir the pot. Oh, and I say "stir the pot" because he doesn't like being called a troll.)

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberal honesty is difficult? LMFAO!!!!!!!!

I cannot help it if you guys find the truths about some of your fellows (and maybe some of you) is inconvenient. That doesn't diminish the veracity of the facts.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't have a problem moving my family to a country that had more limited gov't and more individual liberties for people. Since this is still the "free-est" country in the world, I'll stay here as long as it stays that way. This thread makes me wonder about something else: If Oklahoma and Texas DID secede, would those of you who choose to stay loyal to the U.S. move to the closest U.S. state?

Latest posts

Top Bottom