This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Green the Vote is the group who started the petition for SQ 796-797 and since this all started their petition drive has taken off like a rocket. This ill do a lot to get the rest of the needed signatures before Aug. 8 and then we can vote on the measure in Nov.
The perception now is this is firing up more than 788 did and will likely pass because its a OK Constitution change rather than a legislative bill so no one can touch it or change it. The perception also looks like when 797 draws a huge voter turnout, it will bring a huge Democratic turnout. The liberals in OK are 90% for legalization compared to 75% Republicans. So the bets are on a Democratic governor to win.
Of course I already expect that as so many have a sour taste in their mouth after Marys tenure.
Mary wanted to squash legal weed and she did just the opposite, she opened the floodgates to get it passed. Poetic...

If anyone hasn't signed it ho wants to, here's a map of locations you can go sign.
https://gtvok.com/locations

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any changes of opinion since the passage of 788?

I wish the cannabis stores here would at least try to look somewhat mature in their offering. 75% of the ones I see are screaming "weed culture" on their store front and signage.. like some Cheech and Chong style. Rastafarian colors, pot leaves, words like dank and nugs.

I have no problem with MJ but I freaking hate stoner and pothead culture.

The dispensary stores out west like in Nevada are done much more discreetly and advertise their product along the concept of "Relaxation" instead of DUDE GET HIGH.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish the cannabis stores here would at least try to look somewhat mature in their offering. 75% of the ones I see are screaming "weed culture" on their store front and signage.. like some Cheech and Chong style. Rastafarian colors, pot leaves, words like dank and nugs.

The dispensary stores out west like in Nevada are done much more discreetly and advertise their product along the concept of "Relaxation" instead of DUDE GET HIGH.
Yeah some of the store names and marketing is so bad. There are some in Edmond that look nice, like an alternative healing store etc. But those ones with the wacky inflatable flailing arm man and wind banners are super annoying.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The "medicinal" part has been a joke from day 1. It's been like "it's legal to party now!" from the jump and an absolute joke.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "medicinal" part has been a joke from day 1. It's been like "it's legal to party now!" from the jump and an absolute joke.

Even calling it "partying" is really not right. Being high just makes people lazy and overeat. Seems like a great way to dull down a resistant population that is at risk of revolting against a corrupt government.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even calling it "partying" is really not right. Being high just makes people lazy and overeat. Seems like a great way to dull down a resistant population that is at risk of revolting against a corrupt government.
While that is true, I would personally prefer to relax via THC than alcohol. The last time I used weed was my first year of college (got all my partying out of my system before I went to West Point), but even then I recognized that after using weed I never had a hangover. I can't now days, my job will still fire me if I fail a drug test for THC, and after investing 20 years of my life at my present job I'm not about to screw it up now, kinda like a recent runner did.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that we are now seeing the Chinese Government investing in the pot trade in OK.
Two recent busts of multi million dollar grows that were destroyed because they didn’t comply with the Ok pot laws both tied to China.
Grows all over with Chinese citizens packed into small housing.
Are they serving indentured servitude? I’m sure someone knows, I don’t but it points that direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom