Anybody else ever been asked for vehicle registration during traffic stop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got stopped for speeding in Shreveport la. yesterday and the officer asked for License, Insurance and Registration. I gave him my license, Ins. card and CCW permit and he asked again for the registration, I told him I didn't have it with me and had never been asked for it? He replied all 50 states have laws that require you to have it with you, I wasn't about to tell him that I have been stopped many times and have never been asked for it! After a short discussion he said he wasn't going to worry about it and went back to his car and ran my License and then came back and gave it back to me and said he called in and asked and in Oklahoma you are required to carry it?? He was kinda a smart ass and so was I but he still let me go with a verbal warning for 78 in a 60 so I can't say he was too big a jerk !
He should however be reprimanded by his superiors because he never asked me where I was coming from or headed to!! Just curious about the registration? All the vehicle info is on the Ins. card and I am sure he called in the plate # ?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many states do require it. Last time I got stopped in Texas the officer said "License and registration, if your state requires you to carry your registration."

I was under the impression it wasn't required in OK.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We were in the Carolinas a few years ago and got rear ended at a stoplight. The SC trooper asked for my registration and I told him it wasn't required on OK.

I could tell he was surprised and thought I was BSing him.

After I repeated it a couple more times, he finally let it go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom