Anyone elses internal clock suck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately I've had the lovely ability to sleep in til 9 or 10am thanks to working in the evening and not having classes. But today my internal clock decided to screw with me. I woke up at 6am on the dot (checked my cell phone) and now I can't sleep again. This has happened before but it's always random when I wake up early. Sometimes I wake up 15 minutes before my alarm, other times I wake up an hour or two ahead of time. And this isn't the kind of waking where I'm grogy and half-asleep, I go from dead sleep to fully awake and I usually can't force myself to fall asleep again. I got used to it happening in high school when I'd wake up 15 minutes before my alarm. I figured after waking up at the same time for months I finally just got tired of hearing the stupid thing. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stress will do it to you, too. I was through a rough month last month, with my Dad dying and my wife going into the hospital with a major infection-she almost died, too. My sleep patterns have been entirely shot and I'm fatigued all the time-not to mention battling a touch of depression.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh, the eternal quest for quality sleep. I deal with it every day/night, whatever. Can't sleep / can't wake up!

If you have sleep issues that you think become a problem, then you owe it to yourself to get it checked out. It's a physical law: you can't be long term sleep deprived and stay healthy! I don't care how tough you are. Long term, it will break you down!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My internal clock only knows when I have been asleep for 8 hours. If I go to bed at 10:00 pm, I'll wake at 6:00 am without a clock.
If I go to bed at midnight (weekends), I wake at 8:00. Unless I am exceptionally tired, then I may go 9 hours before waking.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exact opposite for me. Can't fall asleep, then want to sleep in late.
Normally that might sound like a good thing, but with these temps the morning is premo outside work time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My internal clock only knows when I have been asleep for 8 hours. If I go to bed at 10:00 pm, I'll wake at 6:00 am without a clock.
If I go to bed at midnight (weekends), I wake at 8:00. Unless I am exceptionally tired, then I may go 9 hours before waking.

Ohhhh ...what I would give ... I dunno what the deal is with me but ever since I had mono I gotta get at least 9 hours ... 10 is better or by the end of the week I am one cranky little girl ... back when I was working two jobs and had a house full of kids it was MISERABLE ... I would spend the whole weekend sleeping because I would be exhausted by the end of a work week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom