Are you better off now than four years ago?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you better off todsy than four years ago?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the key word here is "Oklahoma" board, where the state has less than 5% unemployment. Conservatives do not rely on government for improvement. They take the initiative and do it themselves. I think the democrats are more concerned with the answer from their constituents than they are from conservatives!
But...But... just a minute ago, you said it was the ingrates who don't appreciate the handouts they're getting, who claim to be worse off.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But...But... just a minute ago, you said it was the ingrates who don't appreciate the handouts they're getting, who claim to be worse off.

Yes, overall they do not appreciate what they are given, they expect it and demand it. So if you ask the people on welfare if they are better off, what do you think they will tell you?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're gettin him mixed up with another guy

http://news.yahoo.com/dems-better-off-needs-context-122125628--election.html

Dems: "Better off" question needs context

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Democrats say answering the question of whether Americans are better off now than they were four years ago requires some context.

Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren tells NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that people should remember how far the economy fell and how hard it is to get back from a time when the stock market was crashing and the auto industry was a mess. She says the real issue is who has the best plan to move forward.

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan, meanwhile, says to ask the millions of people out of work if they are better off. He noted on ABC "Good Morning America" that unemployment remains above 8 percent, despite President Barack Obama's stimulus plan.

The question is a major talking point as the Democratic National Convention kicks off Tuesday.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, overall they do not appreciate what they are given, they expect it and demand it. So if you ask the people on welfare if they are better off, what do you think they will tell you?
They won't tell me anything at all, but i'll tell THEM "must be nice, I sure wish Obama was making MY car payment!"

There's people right here on OSA (It scares me to see so many) who are living out of my hip pocket! Sure wish Obama would include me in U.S Gov's Cheese airlift!

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a job that pays every month, Im making less than HALF of what I use to bring home
I have benefits, which I DIDNT have at previous job
My current field of work will NEVER go away, previous job was feast or famine

I am much happier NOW than 4 years ago, but I blame the divorce for this SMILE! My current situation has NOTHING to do with any political choices or affiliations...
So Im voting: I still have a pulse...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They won't tell me anything at all, but i'll tell THEM "must be nice, I sure wish Obama was making MY car payment!"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-27/gm-said-to-halt-chevrolet-volt-production-for-four-weeks.html

GM Said to Halt Chevrolet Volt Production for Four Weeks

General Motors Co. (GM), the largest U.S. automaker, is planning to stop production for about four weeks in September and October at the factory that makes Chevrolet Volt cars, two people familiar with the plan said.

Sales of the plug-in hybrid sedan haven’t met Chief Executive Officer Dan Akerson’s projections this year. Through July, GM sold 10,666 Volts in the U.S., according to researcher Autodata Corp. Akerson had aimed for sales of 60,000 globally, of which 45,000 would be delivered in the U.S. In June he said sales would probably total 35,000 to 40,000.

The people who described the temporary shutdown declined to be identified because Detroit-based GM doesn’t make its production plans public. Automotive News earlier reported that the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant will close from Sept. 17 through Oct. 15.

“I can’t confirm those dates,” William Grotz, a GM spokesman, said yesterday in a telephone interview. “It’s just a matter of we’re matching supply with demand and gearing up for the production of the Chevy Impala.”

The redesigned Impala sedan will arrive in U.S. showrooms in the first half of next year, Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet global marketing, said earlier this year.

“In the past couple of months, the production of the Volt was running ahead of sales, but I thought that might be for this particular process because they’re bringing in the new vehicle, so they were intentionally trying to get ahead,” Alan Baum, principal of Baum & Associates, an automobile-industry analyst in West Bloomfield, Michigan, said in a telephone interview.

The Volt can travel more than 30 miles (48 kilometers) on electric power before a gasoline engine takes over.

Sales of the Volt slowed after a U.S. investigation into the safety of the car late last year that was followed by a congressional hearing in January, Akerson said. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in January that the Volt poses no more fire risk than other cars.

The Volt failed to meet its sales goals last year as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom