Beans and Cornbread Recipe.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time somebody posts about beans, it makes me want. I like to soak them overnight but the quick-boil method works fine too; crockpot the beans all day, and season the last few hours with a big chunk or two of smoked sausage or Braum's Hot Links. Cornbread is a must (I even like Jiffy but the wife makes awesome homemade cornbread) I also gottta have Louisiana Hot Sauce and Chow Chow, but am going to try the horseradish thing now. The Braum's Hot Links are my favorite thing to add in with beans by the way; Braum's makes the best damn hot links going!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs. Zap has been mentioning beans for the last few days and this thread only made me want them more. It's still in the crock pot, but here's what I did with credit to many ideas I saw here.

2 lbs pinto beans
2 quarts chicken broth
1 quart veggie broth
salt/pepper/premixed taco seasoning
1 lb fried bacon
1 lb Johnsonville andouille fried in said bacon grease

I'll let you know in a bit. Thanks guys!

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always soak beans overnight. Drain 'em and use chicken broth for the liquid instead of water. I saute onion, celery, and bell pepper to add when starting to cook them. Use ham and ham hock for the meat and flavoring. Add some Sriracha hot sauce at the table.....mmmmmmmmmmm

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Learned something new: Cook those beans the easy way; just pick through to remove ugly, bad lookin' beans, rinse well under running water. Then, cook the pintos in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes. I like to slice up on the diagonal and pan sauté a pack of Braums Hot Links and throw in there with the beans for the last 10 minutes...yeah I know, that means you gotta release the pressure and then let it come back up to speed, but I guarantee the slight effort and time is well worth it. Pressure cooker pinto beans are the BEST beans I ever thrung a dang lip around. I promise you. I like them best with some Louisiana Hot Sauce, chunks of onion, and some chow chow. I also like to steam some plain old white rice to go with my beans and cornbread.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife cooked black eyed peas and ham hocks on Sunday in the pressure cooker. Also had cheese jalapeno cornbread to go with it. Mmmmm good!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom