Beef too high in the store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a really good price.

Our 2020 steer cost us $4.50/lb. Even with “inflation” this year, I still think it was worth every penny.:thumb:
I grass fed a heifer cull, she had a gimpy leg and I grass fed her to close to 1200 lbs. Paid $500 and about $240 processing. No grain, all grass and she was good eatin
in 2017
Not tryin to 1 up ya, I just miss them days

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grass fed a heifer cull, she had a gimpy leg and I grass fed her to close to 1200 lbs. Paid $500 and about $240 processing. No grain, all grass and she was good eatin
in 2017
Not tryin to 1 up ya, I just miss them days
My experience with “grass fed” hasn’t been that great, so I plan on sticking to grain fed from now on and endure the cost.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot of issues in the meat and poultry industry ...

One is the plants can't get people to work there. Tyson is going to offer "relocation" for plant workers and bonuses for staying just to retain people ... and keep them from workign at Amazon.
They need to recruit in the Rio Grande Valley. Lots of people coming out of the water needing work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So roughly $18.50 for 1 beef tender, (8ozs) that's flippen outragous
Been that price for a long time if your buying prime graded fillet.
I don't mind paying $19 per pound for prime ribeye.
Both of those steaks would cost well over $40 in a restaurant, and they wouldn't be cooked the way we like em.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with “grass fed” hasn’t been that great, so I plan on sticking to grain fed from now on and endure the cost.

I’ve eaten a lot of both and prefer grain fed. Meat gets its flavor from fat sub-q fat and marbling. There is a slight color difference between the 2. Grain fed cattle will get to butcher weight faster but cost more to achieve that weight than grass fed. It’s probably a toss up when weighing the pros and cons. I know I do love me some good home raised beef and will continue to consume it no matter the cost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom