Bently Gate Fort Sill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LAWTON, Okla. (KSWO) - The reopening of Bentley Gate is delayed until further notice.

Fort Sill officials said the delay is to ensure all safety and inspection standards are met before the gate is used in daily operations.

The gate is located on Sheridan next to the visitors center. All other Fort Sill gate hours remain the same at this time.

Bentley Gate has been closed since August 15th, 2022 to add additional security features.

So let's tell the terrorist to go to the other gates?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is this being broadcast all around like it is? How stupid. This is like when some idiot from the government gets in tv and tells about what we are gonna do about a certain situation. Now I’m sure they don’t even come close to telling what all they would be doing but still.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering which area is going to get fixed first, the gate or the PX sliding door since it’s been down almost just as long.

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever the hold up, I am curious why it took this long to address and install these new systems? Coming from So Cal where we’re not lacking in USN and Marine bases and having never been around an Army base it surprised me how lacks the security is at Fort Sill. 15-20 years ago and probably before that Navy and Marine bases already had those giant steel columns installed in the ground that shoot up to stop someone from crashing the gate not to mention 24/7 armed guards. You don’t have a chance of getting on Twentynine Palms without prior authorization but at Fort Sill I just walk up to the guest area and get a pass and off I go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom