Bought groceries today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Venezuelan status
Any questions to why?

IMG_7824.jpeg

https://www.newsmax.com/

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that long ago, a decent sale on soft drinks was 4 for $10.

I drank a lot of RC, as a kid. The little grocery store, close to our house, had RC for $0.12 / can. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper were $0.15.

I quit smoking when Marlboro went to $7 / carton. Too much money. Put the $7 / week into a jar a paid for deer lease.

Wif's sister was getting divorced, had 2 small kids. She asked for budgeting help. Pre-Starpuke days, she would stop at convenience store, every morning and get a large coffee and 2 packs of Marlboro for $10, $300 / month.
Explained to her, grocery store has Marlboro for $8.50 carton. 10 packs / week. $34 / month. Mr. Coffee machine $10, $3 bag of coffee, 2 / month. Rent is covered.

Her response, "how did you do that?"

Took her a couple months, she figured it out and done OK.

The hardest part for today's citizens is Pedo Joe's 22% inflation. Regardless of how good a job you have. Very few have seen their pay go up 22% in the past 2 years.

The deniers, claiming things are better, are completely beyond comprehension. Don't listen to media, live under a rock, one trip for gas and groceries proves Pedonomics is screwing everybody. Those that were getting by, barely getting by, struggling or suffering are being affected the most and worst.

Last edited:

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filled up my little car today which only has a 10-gallon tank, and it was $40. I don't know how young couples with kids and low paying jobs make it.
They live with Mommy and Daddy just like mine still do of which means daddy is still paying out the nose and doing without.

Jim Draper

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I filled up my little car today which only has a 10-gallon tank, and it was $40. I don't know how young couples with kids and low paying jobs make it.
I wonder that every day myself. It gets worse every day.
My wife just told our grandson I used to buy Pepsi for 4.98 a twelve pack and now it is 8.99

It’s a good thing ammo is down or I couldn’t afford to eat.

Why aren’t the illegals starving?
Because they have government money and don't have to work for it.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I used to buy Marlboro for $1.50 a carton. Cold Pop was A dime." Showing your age there, OkieTool? :D

That's ok, I got you beat. :blush:When I was just seven years old, my dad bought gasoline here in OKC for nineteen cents ($0.19!) per gallon. The reason I remember that is... he griped about it the whole time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom