Bought groceries today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in grade school, if I could find a nickel, I would put it in the soda machine and buy a bottle of Coke or Dr Pepper. Candy bars were a nickel and that sometimes made my day if I was lucky. Now, soda is $2-$3 dollars and I am not buying the stuff! Biden has priced everything out of the reach of the average wage earner from homes to food-only the essentials and as long as the prices are up, the Dems have control.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
some of you folks on here probably remember when coke was a nickel
Screenshot 2023-09-22 135649.jpg

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I used to buy Marlboro for $1.50 a carton. Cold Pop was A dime." Showing your age there, OkieTool? :D

That's ok, I got you beat. :blush:When I was just seven years old, my dad bought gasoline here in OKC for nineteen cents ($0.19!) per gallon. The reason I remember that is... he griped about it the whole time!
It was usually $0.24 but in gas wars I got it for $0.17 a few times.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is exactly what John Kerry said when he was runnign for president only no one knew what the pan was and neither did Kerry. He just made the comment thinking the American public was stupid enough to believe that he had a plan.
Nixon ran on having a plan to end the Vietnam war twice. Apparently it worked because there's not a Vietnam war anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom