Contemplating some firearms sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I've just been damn lucky.

I have bought/sold probably 25/30 firearms through OSA members and every one of them have been good,decent,stand up guys.
I wouldn't hesitate for a second to deal with any of them again. Love our feedback system.

Never had to show my DL or CCP. One fellow asked me to sign a simple hand written BOS. No problem with that.

Have also had good luck with Armslist users also, just don't have the warm fuzzies like I do when meeting an OSA member.
Most scams on Armslist...yes there are some there, probably as we speak...are pretty easy to recognize if you just think.

Just remember the basic rules when posting/responding to an ad.

Daylight meeting only in public place. 2-A, Police station, even Wal-Mart parking lot is ok.
Understand your terms clearly before agreeing to meet.
CC (of course)
If they won't talk on the phone, or won't provide cell #, forget it.
Take someone with you if at all possible....I'm usually alone.

Ok...back to the subject... a pic of my CCP or DL would be a deal breaker for me.
Unless its a NIB pre 64 Model 70 in a rare caliber for $200.00

Yes, I'm a whore :thumb:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will provide ID, and even sign a bill of sale without disclosing any personal info(ssn, dob, etc). No reason for someone to take a pic of my ID IMO. If you want to be protected from some future issue with the gun being used in a crime, then go to an FFL and pay to have them process a transfer. If it was a gun I wanted, for the right price, I would do it.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions folks. I really do appreciate them. I'll likely go the FFL route with guns I purchased through an FFL. I don't care about the guns I purchased without paperwork. Oh, and yes, if I asked for a copy of your DL I am willing to give a copy of mine. This ain't a one way street, I know that.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did you go through all this when you bought guns outside of the FFL?
Seems if you're worried about guns going out, you'd be equally concerned about guns coming in....

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have purchased several firearms here on OSA. Only once did I have a seller ask if I had a CC license. I quickly threw it out so that LEO would feel comfortable selling to me. Showing is one thing, handing over a copy to an individual you do not know in any way is another in my opinion.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I sold\traded some guns. And immediately regretted it. My collection then became a black hole that nothing could escape. I've recalculated my feelings and I am contemplating selling a number of my tresures. Here's the rub, and it's simply how I feel. Sorry. I know the law allows selling in OK with no questions asked. And I am somewhat OK with that on firearms I acquired with no federal forms. On firerms I have a federal history established I will want a bill of sale signed and proof of OK residence that I will photograph. I am prepared to go the official auction route but I will probably make less and you'll pay more. And there would be FFL paperwork.
I am not going to list things in this thread but anything I sell will be in very good, excellent or new in the box shape.

What do you think?
If you are worried about some sort of legal issue resulting from all this, the BATFE has established a method by which private firearms transactions can go through an FFL.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Five or six years ago, I got a letter from an ATF agent in Hawaii. A Sig had been found at a crime scene and the last paper in the file was when I had purchased it several years prior. I didn't like it and sold it to a dealer, no paper involved of any kind, at a Tulsa gun show. I replied to the agent, giving that information. A couple of weeks later I got another letter, thanking me for the reply and nothing further was needed from me. End of story. Never have even been delayed on any purchases after that.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Proof of residence does not necessarily have to be a state ID, water bill, gas bill or something along that lines works. I did not read in OP's statement that he wanted a photo copy of a state ID. I took it as he just wanted a little extra proof that he was doing his part to keep guns out of BG's hands.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Proof of residence does not necessarily have to be a state ID, water bill, gas bill or something along that lines works. I did not read in OP's statement that he wanted a photo copy of a state ID. I took it as he just wanted a little extra proof that he was doing his part to keep guns out of BG's hands.

I’m not letting a stranger take pictures of my water bill either. You guys can vouch for this type of thing if you want to, but you are in the extreme minority. Most 2A loving folks don’t appreciate undue invasion of privacy, obviously there are some here that don’t mind.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know there are only so many things you can worry about in life. Whichever side of this you might be on, it's okay. We all will do what we think is best. No need to criticize another's thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom