Dave Ramsey clip that seems like the typical American story right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm calling BS. Now you're just having fun on the forum. A reverse mortgage is the worst financial product on the market next to a HELOC
Sorry, forgot we aren’t supposed to have fun.

Nothing wrong with a reverse mortgage or a heloc either. What are you gonna do with your money, use it in the afterlife?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot we aren’t supposed to have fun.

Nothing wrong with a reverse mortgage or a heloc either. What are you gonna do with your money, use it in the afterlife?
I seriously thought you were just jacking with us in the thread about a $1600 upside down car payment and reverse mortgage. I won't try to convince you otherwise and I made a lot of dumb mistakes with money myself. It's true you can't take it with you but I'd suggest a combination of living responsibly and having some fun. We are all adults and make our own choices. We also get to live with the consequences of those choices.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously thought you were just jacking with us in the thread about a $1600 upside down car payment and reverse mortgage. I won't try to convince you otherwise and I made a lot of dumb mistakes with money myself. It's true you can't take it with you but I'd suggest a combination of living responsibly and having some fun. We are all adults and make our own choices. We also get to live with the consequences of those choices.
That’s the downside of internet pocket watching. You never really know what is real and what isn’t.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That’s the downside of internet pocket watching. You never really know what is real and what isn’t.
True. A lot of people using anonymous names post whatever they want just to get their jollies. Some others just fat finger laughing emojis for theirs. A person who is truly interested could do 5 minutes of searching and learn why both reverse mortgages are a horrible financial product and putting your home at risk with a heloc is a bad idea as well. Only working part time when a person is in debt is pretty lazy as well. Increasing income and minimizing expenses while living on a budget is the best way to become debt free. Some people don’t care about that but some decide to make the necessary changes to make it happen. All the above is about choices. Adulting is harder for some more than others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. We want a bigger vehicle for the wife, but it seems some of the dealerships still have a bit of leftover arrogance from the inventory crunch. Will be patient. Also not impressed with a lot of the true 3rd row vehicles out there.

Toyota Sienna for the win! We bought one last year and love that MFer! Went from an expedition to van.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna be a bummer watching all those po people walking around having believed that 'ya couldn't take it with you . . . surrounded by those that did :drunk2:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. A lot of people using anonymous names post whatever they want just to get their jollies. Some others just fat finger laughing emojis for theirs. A person who is truly interested could do 5 minutes of searching and learn why both reverse mortgages are a horrible financial product and putting your home at risk with a heloc is a bad idea as well. Only working part time when a person is in debt is pretty lazy as well. Increasing income and minimizing expenses while living on a budget is the best way to become debt free. Some people don’t care about that but some decide to make the necessary changes to make it happen. All the above is about choices. Adulting is harder for some more than others.
Do people come running for financial advice after watching you talk down to others about their fake finances/lives? Genuinely curious.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Do people come running for financial advice after watching you talk down to others about their fake finances/lives? Genuinely curious.
IMG_2523.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom