Dave Ramsey clip that seems like the typical American story right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Do people come running for financial advice after watching you talk down to others about their fake finances/lives? Genuinely curious.
I try to help those who are ready to make life changes instead of posting remarks like ”internet pocket watching”. I’m still unclear if you really have the situation you described or just trying to make light of managing personal finances. I’ve talked to about 10 people in the last month who are genuinely struggling and looking for hope. Yes, I am sometimes sarcastic and sometimes people like you rile me up more than I should be. You and a few others seem to enjoy it. I have made lots of poor financial choices in my life and now I try to help others when I can. If you are seriously in the position you described you can pm me and I will try to offer suggestions. Or you can do what some of your forum bros do and entertain yourself.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been owned. I’ll just go try to figure out adulting.
Cheery Bye Goodbye GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A brand new 2024 civic sport touring hatchback in royal red, black interior. My credit isn’t very good and I was upside down in my previous loan but they let me roll it over, and even let me finance the dealer market adjustment. I did it all smart though, my loan term is only 48 months, as I dont want it hanging over my head.
Don’t forget it also came with KY.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s called a reverse mortgage. If you have a good mortgage company they’re usually really happy to help you understand how great it is.
If you do not own the mortgage company, then they are not working for you. They are making money off of you. Reverse mortgage is just another way to take your money or assets.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t had a revolving payment for over 25 years. That includes house, car, toy, and trinkets. Anytime you finance something, your just giving your money away in interest. When you borrow, your also giving away your bargaining power. New vehicle loans not only cost you in interest, but tags and insurance goes up. Wife and I drive older vehicles, both have 200k and drive fine. PL and PD insurance only. If you wreck it, Insurance companies are going to rip you off anyway. Kids were taught the Same way and both have no payments and money in the bank. Makes life much easier and stress free. “Don’t own nothing and be happy.” Pay everything off and be happy. Just my nickels worth.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new car recently but was fortunate enough to be able to pay cash with my trade in. Probably should have bought one a couple of years old but got new car fever. I understand the allure of a new vehicle They’re nice to drive but not a very smart investment, especially with a huge payment. Interest on new cars is high as well. Honda offered me 3.9 for 36 months and an additional 1 % for each additional year financing. I was bantering with the finance guy and he told me they finance up to 72 months!

It depends. Historically you are certainly correct. It depends on make/model these days. I bought a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek with 26k miles for $19,900. A few years later the now ex-wife finally totaled it after wrecking it about 4 times prior (just not bad enough to total it). Insurance paid $18k on it. It had 140K'ish miles on it when it was finally put to pasture. :faint:

78,720. when it’s paid off. Better drive it until the paint falls off.

My truck DOES have the paint falling off. Mechanically it's all good and has a lot of life left. I saw a new F150 priced at $92k. Mine is also paid off and the older it gets the better I like it!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven’t had a revolving payment for over 25 years. That includes house, car, toy, and trinkets. Anytime you finance something, your just giving your money away in interest. When you borrow, your also giving away your bargaining power. New vehicle loans not only cost you in interest, but tags and insurance goes up. Wife and I drive older vehicles, both have 200k and drive fine. PL and PD insurance only. If you wreck it, Insurance companies are going to rip you off anyway. Kids were taught the Same way and both have no payments and money in the bank. Makes life much easier and stress free. “Don’t own nothing and be happy.” Pay everything off and be happy. Just my nickels worth.
I went that way several years ago. Then I went in to borrow some money to buy something and was told I did not have any credit rating. Sense then I have kept credit cards and some loans, but keep them paid up. If i find something I want to buy I can call the bank and tell them what it is and if it is a good deal they tell me to go ahead , then come in and sign the papers. Now I am at the point where I am turning more to our kids and starting to travel more. Everyone needs to find their own way and make it work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom