Decided to go back to church today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a church attender, but my Mother lives in another town and is. They have been having FB services for a long time due to the virus, so I am a regular participant online with her.

I know the virus has kept many people from participating in church services, but the video aspect has allowed my Mother to continue and brought me back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With our church, they started a program called "Life Groups" a number of years ago. Those are groups of people of the church gathering in private homes for additional services and Bible studies. Initially, membership would attend the morning worship at the building and the Life Groups would meet sometime later, some right after morning services and others in the evening instead of evening worship services at the building.

With the advent of Covid, more was done (at least with our Life Group) in the small group setting in the private homes. While we've maybe had one or two contract Covid, it apparently wasn't from others at the Life Group meetings.

Today was the first day that they actually had in-person services at the building since this all began about a year ago. Our Life Group mostly chose to view the services via online sources and in some members' home. One of our elders contacted me a while back about in person services, and I told him we would return to those services once they ended the mask and social distancing mandates. The wife and I have worked, vacationed, and traveled through 12 states since Covid came about and seldom wear masks. We regularly take Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, and other supplemental products and rarely ever even get a cold.

We would love to get back to worshiping in person, but it isn't the same with social distancing and masks.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did church services at home for quite a while when they all shut down, but we attended as soon as they opened back up since they "suggested" masks but did not require them. Personally, I refuse to wear a mask if at all possible and have not worn one even once in my office even though probably 25% of patients do. If my wife needs me to pick something up from Sprouts I'll wear one and get out as quickly as possible, but that's about it. I've had far too many patients with complications caused by masks and I just don't see any benefit to them outside of a sterile environment.

Anyway, back to going to church, I'm glad you went! We honestly enjoyed having services at our home, we could tailor the messages to the level of our children's understanding, but I am glad we're meeting in person again.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raised up a Catholic, but I dont believe that I have to congregate under a common roof to worship God, but definitely a strong believer. We had Saturday 5:30 afternoon mass at St. Ann’s in our little town. I would always try to figure out an excuse to drive my truck to church and once it was over I was in town with wheels. Didn’t take dad long to figure that out. I’ll always remember when I would mess up and get in trouble he would say “I hope you gave your heart to Jesus because today your @ss is mine”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Services were streamed on YouTube before covid, and have been still throughout. We went back to normal in person services and small groups in July, wear a mask if you want, social distance if you want, there's been no issues. Around 3000 members, in person attendance has been 50%.

They stopped taking temperatures of my kid's schools last week, masks are now optional at the one, at the other they have been optional since the first day for teachers and students. I was told not one student at either school had a temperature and was sent home since September. That's a 3A size school and a private school of around 100 students.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got COVID the first time at a super spreader event at church last March, haven’t been back since.don’t plan on going back until they follow sane procedures or this passes one way or another. I’ve found the anti mask/vaccine sentiment too strong for my tastes. Makes zero sense not wearing masks in the auditorium to me. Throw in the unsafe behavior I see online before and after services... I just don’t get it. Note I show no antibodies now, just had a test a week ago, and my dad is immunosuppresse and I’m their link to the outside world.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I found it odd last year, that pastors that preach about God’s healing power were the first to bow to local government mandates they close and didn’t start fighting back until they seen no end in sight. Some still remain closed.

Anyway. Glad to see people start to live their lives again.

I wear a face diaper at work because I don’t want to get fired. I still enjoy talking to people while their glasses fog up, listening to them tell me how effective their mask is. LOL

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am of the thought that a lot of churches are suffering financially due to Covid-especially the small ones. We need to attend and support our home church, not the TV mega churches or our home churches will dry up. The liberals hate Christians, our faith and our churches and would like nothing better than to tax the churches out of existence, this is something we need to watch because it is on their agenda. They push islam in our schools, poisoning our youth and ban Christian teachings. Separation of church and state? The Democrats agree except for islam. Our nation was founded on Biblical principles and it has formed our basis for society and worked for well over two centuries. Islam will never work with it's violence, acceptance of lies over truth and killing the unbelievers. We don't do that, each person has the right to reject any religion or accept it without recompense or penalty. Biden said that we are going to have a"dark winter or time" ahead of usbut he failed to elaborate. He must have forgtten his cards

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our church was only closed for 6 weeks. We’ve been having in-person church since then. The rows of seating have more space between them. We have 3 services on Sunday. Masks are optional in the first and second service. The third service is an all-mask service. Plus all the services are live streamed. Based on attendance we are back to about 80% of pre-covid numbers.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went back as soon as it opened back up last spring. Online is great.... in person is better in my opinion.

It’s hard to believe that it’s almost been a year since the world came grinding to a halt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom