Decided to lose weight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
i've lost 45 lbs since the first of the year. all i did was cut out soda,tea, and sugar. cut the amount of food at meals. don't eat out anymore. also cut put fried foods. drink lots of water. when i get a hunger i will eat a piece of fruit and drink plenty of water. a good tip a dr gave me was if you fill hungery just take a couple bites and go back to what ever you are doing. it will kill the hunger pains. if you don't believe me try it you will be surprised. my blood pressure went from 165/97 to 115/60 after the weight loss.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those younger fit women will do it to you every time. Best of luck on getting into shape but, remember if it dosen'y pan out you can always return to the dark side.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it up and stick with it! I took some time off but am starting back up to finish up my weight loss. Lost 55ish lbs (25% of my body) and now going for the remaining 10-15 before I transition to weight lifting to bulk up.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you! I have started getting serious about my health as well. I have not lost much weight, but I have lost a few inches in my waist line. My wife and I are doing this together and I feel so much better. I eat fruit when I want a snack, no fried foods, keep the carbs down, no pop, but I do drink ice tea. We joined the new gym on Memorial and go 4 to 5 times a week. Keep up and continue to post your progress. Oh, and to keep this gun related, my IWB holster feels MUCH better with my handy dandy Glock tucked away.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My reasons were different.... Type 2 diabetes at 38 years old. I went with the Primal diet. I cut out all sugars and grains. I lost 70 pounds in 4 months (275 to 205 @ 6'0"). My goal was 220, so I beat that!! I started working out and have gained 5 lbs. back.
The lifestyle was tough at first, but easy now! Shoot for 100% primal, but live with (DO NOT DEPEND) on 80%, and you will drop weight in a heartbeat!

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My reasons were different.... Type 2 diabetes at 38 years old. I went with the Primal diet. I cut out all sugars and grains. I lost 70 pounds in 4 months (275 to 205 @ 6'0"). My goal was 220, so I beat that!! I started working out and have gained 5 lbs. back.
The lifestyle was tough at first, but easy now! Shoot for 100% primal, but live with (DO NOT DEPEND) on 80%, and you will drop weight in a heartbeat!

Oh, and for sizes, I went from a 42 jean to 34. A size XXXL to XL shirt

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to go!

I made the same decision last year and have lost 60 lbs so far - still need another 10 off

Running and calorie counting were the key for me.

Since June 2011, I've run 3 1/2 marathons and am training for the full for November.

Keep it up!! I went from hating running, to tolerating it, to loving it

Are you guys in a running program or just on your own?

This^^^^^

Running and keeping up with a rough estimate through the day of my caloric intake helped me lose weight that I didn't think I had. Losing weight is a tough battle. Keeping it off is a war, or more like a lifestyle change.

Giving up soda is a huge deal. The number of calories in a non-diet soda is crazy.

It has worked out pretty good. I log enough miles now that I can eat pretty freely and still maintain my given weight. I really enjoy running. It fits me well and serves as my exercise outlet.

I am similar to Bulbboy. Been at it since March of last year. Ran a couple 1/2 marathons and ran the OKC Memorial marathon this year. Along with several 5k's. A marathon is no joking matter.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wish you all would quit losing pounds, because I keep finding them!

I decided to lose weight several times, but it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe I need a younger athletic woman! I'll ask my wife if it is ok.

Oh, and I heard today that running consumes muscle. Nothing is good for you any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom