Degree or no degree?? Let's agree to disagree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. A degree in Gender Studies, for example, would probably not be worth the investment. However, my degrees, and the experiences and opportunities they provided, seem to have a pretty good investment. The knowledge I obtained in the classroom helped me gain more knowledge from the experiences I had and the ability to apply both the classroom and the experiences to the real world, day to day, real world issues of the positions I held.

So, degree or no degree? It all depends on where a person wants to invest for their future. I have a nephew who is a welder, and his sister is a marketing manager with a large corporation. Both earn about the same, and both fully enjoy their chosen professions.

The choice is yours……

AlleyGirl

Marksman
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. A degree in Gender Studies, for example, would probably not be worth the investment. However, my degrees, and the experiences and opportunities they provided, seem to have a pretty good investment. The knowledge I obtained in the classroom helped me gain more knowledge from the experiences I had and the ability to apply both the classroom and the experiences to the real world, day to day, real world issues of the positions I held.

So, degree or no degree? It all depends on where a person wants to invest for their future. I have a nephew who is a welder, and his sister is a marketing manager with a large corporation. Both earn about the same, and both fully enjoy their chosen professions.

The choice is yours……
Exactly!! Could not agree more!! Well said.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So recently it seems as if non degree folks are moving up rather quickly in the real world in certain jobs, is this the normal now or does it seem like having a degree is no longer necessary?
(Save money by not having a degree or a loan)

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So recently it seems as if non degree folks are moving up rather quickly in the real world in certain jobs, is this the normal now or does it seem like having a degree is no longer necessary?
(Save money by not having a degree or a loan)
What jobs are you speaking of?

Latest posts

Top Bottom