Diabetics question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...Aspartame is the most common. It evidently can cause cancer if you live in California.
I'd like to propose a universal warning label for California:
My Prop 65 Warning Label.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot yeah no one was more surprised than me! Honestly. I scoffed at Dr. S when he suggested that my FBG would rise when I ate stuff that had artificial sweetners in it, but told him I'd test his theory and if he was right I'd knock it off.

You KNOW how bad it's gonna kill me to keep my appointment in July, right?? Lol In fact, if he wasn't so danged young and handsome I'd be tempted to change horses midstream and find another neurologist. But then there is that pesky little trait where he does actually listen to his patients and he was clearly familiar with my chart before he saw me, so ... I guess I'll take my lumps in July. Besides I'm not really missing Diet Coke now that I've FINALLY gotten off them, so he HAS kinda done me a favor in that regard.

I definitely do not want to be one of the Baby Boomers that are gonna be shuttled into homes in the next 20-30 years when their minds leave them because they couldn't be bothered to make a few really simple changes now in their diet and lifestyle choices to slow or maybe even reverse the degeneration of their mental acuity. Too many people accept as inevitable things that are anything but inevitable because to do otherwise requires a little effort on their part.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much did it go up is the question?

Since I started eating like Dr. S suggested my blood glucose 2 hours after eating is between 80-90. If I go nuts and have half of a baked potato it will break into the low 90s.

After anything with artificial sweeteners in it, or foods I'm sensitive too, I found it was anywhere from 20-30 points higher than that, so clearly not an insignificant number. I'm not so attached to any food or drink that I want to risk my A1c being elevated at a physical. It may not be true for everyone but I appear to be "exquisitely sensitive" to an awful lot of stuff in my advancing years. Lol So, I'm very rapidly becoming a REALLY picky eater. And an exercise fanatic. As long as I can have my occasional scotch it's all good.:sunbath:

Latest posts

Top Bottom