Disappointing Beer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetings on this "toasty" Labor Day weekend!!

Well, we've had a few threads on alcohol...Scotch, Whiskey/Bourbon, and Mexican beer.

The one I propose today is ......Disappointing Beer.

My wonderful wife bought me a 12pack of Pearl beer at the liquor store today for the weekend holiday. YES, I did request Pearl. Believe it or not, I've never tried it...even living in Galveston/Houston area for 13 years, I've never tried it.

Heck, I've driven past the giant Pearl beer sign on I-10 in Beaumont, Texas on my way to Lake Charles to gamble..errr..I mean game, yeah that's it...game.

Well, kicking off the weekend I just drank my first Pearl...about 4.7%..of course liquor store beer.

Dang...I am disappointed!! Weak as water, weak as water!! I've drank different flavors of Gatorade that was fuller and more tasty than Pearl...what a let down. Of course, what did I expect for a $10 dollar 12 pack of beer. Let me tell you what..I'm stickin' with Schlitz!!!

www.beercankorner.com_graphics_pearl1099.gif

What a let down!!

My number two disappointment is Golden Dragon or Gulden Draak. I thought I'd like this stuff since I love the Belgian Duvel beer. Oh H#LL NO!!!

This stuff tastes like a bad batch of wine...kinda like a 4th grader was learning how to make wine....horrible...what a freakin' disappointment!!!
belgianbeershrimper.files.wordpress.com_2010_10_gulden_draak.jpg

Off to the liquor store for some Schlitz!! I'll give my 78 year old mother-in-law the Pearl. Heck, she downs Keystone Light like a dog on a bone. She'll never know the difference!!

So...what's your disappointing or stay away from beer??!!

Last edited:

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always liked Pearl outta the bottle better, but I always bought mine in Houston.
Knew you were getting blitzed when you couldn't figure out the riddle in the cap.

Tried one from the Czech Republic that was REALLY good, can't remember the name but I bought it at Byron's.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally I'll go for Smithwicks, Warsteiner Dunkel or Spaten Optimator. But when I want some yard mowin' beer I reach for the PBR. Never had Pearl.

Most of the smaller brands have been gobbled up by the larger corporations who tend to screw up the formulas. I'll never forgive Busch for screwing up Bass Ale.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
brown Derby sucks really bad.
It was back in the day, but it was like $10 for a case. There was a puzzle under every cap that was interesting.

The beer tasted like crap, but the puzzles were fun to figure out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom