Dog attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pit showed aggression when it attacked, the dog is a menace, most likely will be put down under animal control orders.

Check with the city for any ordinaces, it is possible that the owner can be charged criminally

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to assassinate that dog before it hurts some child.

Maybe wear a bacon belt while walking by next time and pop the little bastard.

You probably won't make any friends saying that here, but honestly I don't think it would be any big loss to society if a violent dog running loose and attacking people is put down. Perhaps I'm too sensitive on the matter, but that's how I feel.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a dog lover, it grieves me to hear about something like this, but - with all due respect - I also have to disagree with the wholesale characterization of a dog breed. As with guns being used illegally or irresponsibly, the problem lies with the owner.

How is your wife coping with this tragic incident?

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow man I'm sorry, that's really terrible. I'm a big fan of dogs but any animal that dangerous and uncontrolled needs put down immediately. I'm sorry about your loss that really sucks.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow man I'm sorry, that's really terrible. I'm a big fan of dogs but any animal that dangerous and uncontrolled needs put down immediately. I'm sorry about your loss that really sucks.

+1000!!!! Pitt's are not as easy as it might seem to put down with a handgun when enraged. I have a retired GCPD friend who lost most of his right calf even after 6 rounds of 129gr +P+ Black Talons into its chest cavity. This happened on a domestic call, before the officers could reach the door, the perp's inside opened the front door an let two Pitts out, the first went down with two hits of 00Buck, officer short stroked the third round allowing to the second to attack the other officer.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid I was bitten in the face by a GSD that wasn't restrained. The dog had a history of not being restrained. The dog was put down that very night by animal control. I was only six, so I don't know the details, but I suspect it was to check for rabies.

Sorry to hear about your loss. This kind of stuff is sooooo preventable. Too bad there aren't better options for us when this happens.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truly sorry for your loss man!!! It's hard to lose a pet, especially the way your little buddy went! Got any good pictures of him that you can post up? Good memory pictures obviously.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I was bitten in the face by a GSD that wasn't restrained. The dog had a history of not being restrained. The dog was put down that very night by animal control. I was only six, so I don't know the details, but I suspect it was to check for rabies.

Sorry to hear about your loss. This kind of stuff is sooooo preventable. Too bad there aren't better options for us when this happens.

I too was bitten when I was 5 years old. had over 100 stiches in my face and neck and one of the bites was within a centimeter of being my carotid artery. The dog had current rabies tags and the dog wasn't put down. Probably because I was in his backyard with him playing with my friend. The dog knew me but for some reason he attacked. It was a Britney.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. That really sucks.

I don't like pits either. It's funny - maybe it's the media? - that you never hear (or very rarely it seems) about a german shepard or other large breed being loose and attacking someone?

Not that it doesn't happen (see ShadowRider's post above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom