First OC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it would be awesome if we had an open carry meet. we should all get together at a restaurant or other business not just at midnight but all day.

i want to open carry nov1 but will probably never do it again.

im all for taking advantage of my rights but i think it draws too much unwanted attention.

after watching some open carry activists on youtube and seeing how counter productive they are, you begin to understand that not everyone is into guns.

someone is less likely to listen to you about how awesome guns are if they see you wearing one and panic.

i love my rights. just because i have a freedom of speech doesnt mean im going to go to a crowded place and yell fire causing panic.

A right not exercised is a right lost.

BTW Oklahoma Open Carry Association will continue to plan events and get togethers after Nov 1.
http://okoca.org or on facebook: http://facebook.com/opencarryok

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A right not exercised is a right lost.
I agree that if we don't exercise the right they may try and take it away again. I am sure the more they see law abiding people carry the less afraid they will be be. As long as we watch how we handle ourselves.
after watching some open carry activists on youtube and seeing how counter productive they are, you begin to understand that not everyone is into guns.
The reason they are counter productive is that the want to argue hey it's my right and I don't have to show you anything. If a LEO wants to see my ID's so be it . It is not that much time out of my day. All I have to do is pull out my wallet from my front pocket and pull out the ID's which I keep together.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First OC should probably be at H&H, Savage, Heartland, Big Boys, Sooner Sate or one of the many friendly gun stores in the state! Or at your own backyard BBQ. Everywhere else it should be your private security measure and out of the general view.

AmericanPatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its wierd to think of OC in Oklahoma, I left there in 09 when I got stationed in Cheyenne. Cool thing about Wyoming is that there is no laws against OC or CC. You dont even need a permit to CC in Wyoming. Wierd thing is that the gun laws are so loose but somehow there is little to no crime, and I live in the state capital.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its wierd to think of OC in Oklahoma, I left there in 09 when I got stationed in Cheyenne. Cool thing about Wyoming is that there is no laws against OC or CC. You dont even need a permit to CC in Wyoming. Wierd thing is that the gun laws are so loose but somehow there is little to no crime, and I live in the state capital.

With a Population of Cheyenne is 60,000 you should have less crime? OKC population is 580,000.00 more people should equal more crime?

This is what 82,112 people look like
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's super funny that Anchorage, Alaska has a population of 300,000+, they allow open carry, no license needed to CCW and yet you'll never see anyone OC. At WalMart, Fred Meyer, Costco, Gwennies, or Chucky Chesse no one open carries. They don't have group get togethers for OC'ers. What you will see is the occasional person out on the numerous hiking trails in Ancorage in OC'ing or OC'ing bear spray. Maybe you guys would make a more responsible political statement by OC'ing in someplace where you actually have a need for one. Just a thought.

I might also mention that I ordered a new open carry rig. Couple of bear attacks here have me reconsidering OWB.

http://www.shop.diamonddcustomleather.com/Guides-Choice-Chest-Holster-GC.htm?productId=1

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_chestholster.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point exactly, Yukon. I spent a week in a little backwoods town in Alaska and saw exactly one (1) person open carrying. He said he lived in the woods and walked to town. The pistol was for bears. As a side note, it was a 9mm. Good luck with that on a Brownie.

Anyway, not much is accomplished except polishing the ego by making a big deal out of showing off your gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom