First OC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan to OC on Nov 1, my guess is lots will do it.

Personally, once we can OC my preferred carry will likely by an OWB holster with my shirt untucked over it. Then I wont have to worry about the holster showing etc. I am not going to be the guy shoving it in everyones face but I will make myself comfortable.

Really sick of these IWB holsters. I am sure there are good ones out there, But I cant afford to keep trying until i find the magic one.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinkin' of a pair of Colt's Walker revolvers in the short holsters like Josey Wales had, and a t-shirt that says, "Colt Walker, the original .44 Magnum."

Probably won't actually do it, but it is fun to think about.

I will switch from a Crossbreed Super Tuck to something OWB though.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more "obvious" open carries, the more "no guns" signs we'll see. Just sayin'.

I agree! I'll keep saying it..."open carry may annoy the soccer moms riding the fence about guns to the point the jump to the gun control side when they think your OC gun threatens their children." No group of people in the world is stronger and more opinionated that women protecting their children. I would lay low on November 1...it's just before voting time!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given that Nov. 1st starts at the end of Halloween night where lots of people in costume & make-up will be doing their own Walmart Strut through out the night, I'm wondering if some people might just think your holstered OC weapon is part of a Halloween costume.

Also, You know that come Nov. 1st, there are still gonna be a lot of citizens who don't follow the news, who won't know anything about open carry having gone into effect. Boy, are they gonna be shocked. Another thing to think about OC'ing at midnight on Nov. 1st is that there will have been a lot of people who have been drinking at parities earlier in the night... and they will be going to Walmart and restaurants after midnight. You are gonna have to watch out for the guys who turn into idiots looking for a fight once they get a few drinks in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom