Get bit by a rattlesnake, ouch. Go to the hospital, get bill, OUCH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anti-venom is expensive.

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_nightowl2255_BbQgU8a.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang. I need to check My buddy's Dad got bit this year just south of Dallas. He spent a few days in the hospital. I'm sure his overall bill was similar.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Would have to ask the wifie the Crofab dosing...............but depending on blood work, a dozen or two dozen vials isn't unheard of IIRC. It's a pricey accident.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow!!!

When I was 12/13 years old my dad, some friends, and myself went coonhunting............we always had a pack of Bluetick coonhounds around the house. To my knowledge this was back in 1975 or 1976, and dang if time gets away from me.

Anyways, there was a brush pile under an old bridge that had washed in there and yep you guessed it!! The dogs ran that coon into that brush pile. So as I was crawling into the brush pile to scare out the coon while my dad was standing under the bridge next to the retaining wall made of rock.

A copperhead was coiled up in a hole in that wall and when my dad was standing there(shining the light into the brush pile) that copperhead bit him in his neck.

Ol' pops was a physically tough man.....very gentle and highly educated.....but pain just wasn't in his vocabulary...maybe because he was a Marine in the Korean War and a country/farming kid growing up??

Anyways, he killed the snake and said he'd be okay in a few minutes.........yeah right. In about 20 minutes he was very ill and our buddies took him home in their truck while I gathered the dogs and took our truck home.

For 3, yes 3, days my dad sat in his recliner with a quilt wrapped around him with chills and hallucinations all the while refusing to go or be taken to the doctor. Yep he got over it, but after that incident he was a little paranoid and jumpy about going under bridges next to the creek retaining wall!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom