Get bit by a rattlesnake, ouch. Go to the hospital, get bill, OUCH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And let us not forget... if you go to the doctor, you are doing so willingly. You are not forced to utilize anyone's services. You are more than free to abstain, and honestly, I wish you would. I hope you never darken my door. I hope you never darken the door of any of my colleagues. Why? Not because we don't want to help anyone... on the contrary, we love to help people who want help, who are willing to take our advice, or at least consider it, who make rational (instead of emotional) decisions, who are invested in their own care, who want to work together with us to improve their health.

Let's face it, most medical conditions today aren't "fixed"... they're treated. Not because, as you allege, we in the medical field are inept, callous, or uncaring, but there simply ISN'T a cure. I'm sure you could do better, though.

There reason I hope you never come see me is because of the attitude you've expressed above, which definitely seems more to me like so many of the entitlement crowd whom I see daily - "Fix me, doc. I don't want to do anything, I don't want to work at it, I want you to fix it - and if you can't, then I am going to blame you and try to find a way to sue you."

That may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you 1000% it is NOT. That is LITERAL. I see patients like that daily. and people like you, who want to oversimplify the most complicated, most researched, most groundbreaking and most accomplished field in the history of mankind make it NOT worth our while. Make it NOT enjoyable and make us want to walk away and tell you to go fix yourself, since you know so much more about it - from Dr. Google.

Just so you know, I'm working on my own exit strategy - and let the entitled masses of the United States deal with it without me... and any others who get fed up as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And let us not forget... if you go to the doctor, you are doing so willingly. You are not forced to utilize anyone's services. You are more than free to abstain, and honestly, I wish you would. I hope you never darken my door. I hope you never darken the door of any of my colleagues. Why? Not because we don't want to help anyone... on the contrary, we love to help people who want help, who are willing to take our advice, or at least consider it, who make rational (instead of emotional) decisions, who are invested in their own care, who want to work together with us to improve their health.

Let's face it, most medical conditions today aren't "fixed"... they're treated. Not because, as you allege, we in the medical field are inept, callous, or uncaring, but there simply ISN'T a cure. I'm sure you could do better, though.

There reason I hope you never come see me is because of the attitude you've expressed above, which definitely seems more to me like so many of the entitlement crowd whom I see daily - "Fix me, doc. I don't want to do anything, I don't want to work at it, I want you to fix it - and if you can't, then I am going to blame you and try to find a way to sue you."

That may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you 1000% it is NOT. That is LITERAL. I see patients like that daily. and people like you, who want to oversimplify the most complicated, most researched, most groundbreaking and most accomplished field in the history of mankind make it NOT worth our while. Make it NOT enjoyable and make us want to walk away and tell you to go fix yourself, since you know so much more about it - from Dr. Google.

Just so you know, I'm working on my own exit strategy - and let the entitled masses of the United States deal with it without me... and any others who get fed up as well.

Well said again. I hope you don't leave, and keep your passion in the medical field. We need physicians like this.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well said again. I hope you don't leave, and keep your passion in the medical field. We need physicians like this.

I appreciate that, Dennis, but that ship has sailed... healthcare in America is on a downward spiral- not from a technical standpoint, or even an availability standpoint, but from a social standpoint and because of attitudes like this - us vs. them and entitlement. No personal responsibility, no accountability (on the patient side, believe me, doctors have PLENTY of accountability), and an ever-increasing corporate mentality. I'd have said Sayonara! to this ******** long ago if it weren't for the student loan debt - I pay for TWO sets of medical school student loans. If I were the kind of callous, uncaring, self-serving and narcissistic provider Ted seems to be convinced we all are, I'd have skipped out on my student loan obligations years ago and left the country. But I haven't... I'm trying to pay my **** off, fulfill my obligations so I can flip the bird to this ******** system on my way out the door.

Sorry. :( Too many freeloaders have ruined it, and the vote-buyers only perpetuate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom