Get your Flu/TDAP Shots people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate your concern, but so far, so good - and no shot. For the record: I was unaware that we had an epidemic of cervical, anal, penile, and oral cancers in this country; I do see, according to the National Cancer Institute, that a woman has a less than 1% chance of developing cervical cancer over the course of her lifetime, and cervical cancer is the #1 reason they supposedly developed and are pushing that vaccination. Yeah, that really makes a shot that has had horrible side effects (including some deaths) necessary.

I see, any number less than 1% is insignificant. Well the side effects are in less than 1% of cases so it in turn negates your side effects argument.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see, any number less than 1% is insignificant. Well the side effects are in less than 1% of cases so it in turn negates your side effects argument.

Not really. If a woman doesn't get the shot, she stands less than a 1% chance of getting the cancer in the first place, and a 0% chance of side effects. And getting the vaccine doesn't guarantee that she won't get HPV, and if she's in the unlucky .7% - cervical cancer. So why did they develop this vaccine again?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Follow the money. From 2008:

One of the vaccines, Gardasil, from Merck, is made available to the poorest girls in the country, up to age 18, at a potential cost to the United States government of more than $1 billion; proposals to mandate the vaccine for girls in middle schools have been offered in 24 states, and one will take effect in Virginia this fall.

The lightning-fast transition from newly minted vaccine to must-have injection in the United States and Europe represents a triumph of what the manufacturers call education and their critics call marketing. The vaccines, which offer some protection against infection from sexually transmitted viruses, are far more expensive than earlier vaccines against other diseases - Gardasil’s list price is $360 for the three-dose series, and the total cost is typically $400 to nearly $1,000 with markup and office visits (and often only partially covered by health insurance).

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/20/health/policy/20vaccine.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. If a woman doesn't get the shot, she stands less than a 1% chance of getting the cancer in the first place, and a 0% chance of side effects. And getting the vaccine doesn't guarantee that she won't get HPV, and if she's in the unlucky .7% - cervical cancer. So why did they develop this vaccine again?

So you think cervical cancer is the only thing this would have any effect on the rate of?

Do you think .7% is insignificant when it applies to the general population of adult women?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you think cervical cancer is the only thing this would have any effect on the rate of?

Do you think .7% is insignificant when it applies to the general population of adult women?

Do we have a cervical cancer pandemic in this country? Was there a pressing need for this vaccine? If someone decides they want it, then I have no problem at all with their decision. But drug companies, the MSM, and even politicians need to quit pushing it as if we are experiencing widespread outbreaks of cervical or penile cancer. And politicians trying to mandate that kids take these vaccines is completely over the line.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do we have a cervical cancer pandemic in this country? Was there a pressing need for this vaccine? If someone decides they want it, then I have no problem at all with their decision. But drug companies, the MSM, and even politicians need to quit pushing it as if we are experiencing widespread outbreaks of cervical or penile cancer. And politicians trying to mandate that kids take these vaccines is completely over the line.

You're still stuck on cervical cancer, but why does it matter if it meets the CDC definition of pandemic?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May or may not have it at the moment. The flu that is. Wife had the shot this year and got it bad. So did all of her coworkers. The last time I legitimately had the flu was the last year I didn't get the shot. I am required to have it yearly, so this would be a first in over 10 years if I actually do have it. Last time the wife had the flu, it was H1N1 that she got from working in a pediatricians office. Surprise surprise, she still works in one and got it this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom