Got rearended yesterday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sitting in an intersection yesterday afternoon minding my own business when I hear the tires screeching and then BOOM! I slid forward about ten feet and stopped. I got out and checked on the other driver and he said he was o.k. so I called police, (The officer that came out never asked me where I was headed but he did have the audacity to ask me if I was hurt!! ) Anyways the guy was texting while driving and after we got out of the flow of traffic he was bask on his phone texting again! I was a little sore on the lower right side of my back but didn't need an ambulance, But this morning I woke up pretty dang sore and I have had to go to the bathroom to pee ALOT? Could I have a bruised kidney, and should I go ahead and go to a doctor?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe. I can't really reconcile being rear-ended and having to pee alot, but if it worries you, then you should prolly get checked out. I would go to your regular doc if you can get in, or a walk-in clinic/urgent care if not. Doesn't sound like a case for the real emergency room unless you have nowhere else you can go. Maybe they'll test your urine and find some blood in it, which of course would lead to other tests... and so on and so forth.

Just my $0.02.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you should go see a Doctor. My son and I were in a crash about 20 some odd years ago. I didn't think I was hurt and went my merry way. From the damages of the other car, I'm really surprised that the other driver wasn't hurt. About fifteen years later I started to have neck pain. Went to the Doctor who in turn referred me to a Neurologist, who in turn referred me to a surgeon for neck surgery. They replaced two of my cervical vertebrae and fused them together. The Doc's said that the injury was a result of the car crash years earlier.

If for nothing else, get in on record that you were injured and sought medical treatment as a result of the crash. It may help later if it's determined that you need other treatment or want to pursue legal litigation.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... Anyways the guy was texting while driving and after we got out of the flow of traffic he was bask on his phone texting again!

This makes me see red... there is NO reason anyone should be using a cell phone while driving, hands on or hands free. Considering it's been proven that the use of a cell phone while driving is akin to DUI, it's socially irresponsible and just plain stupid. I cringe to think of the day some moron who's more interested in his cell phone than in what he should be doing behind a steering wheel, will ram into my vehicle...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This makes me see red... there is NO reason anyone should be using a cell phone while driving, hands on or hands free. Considering it's been proven that the use of a cell phone while driving is akin to DUI, it's socially irresponsible and just plain stupid. I cringe to think of the day some moron who's more interested in his cell phone than in what he should be doing behind a steering wheel, will ram into my vehicle...

Really? So carrying on a conversation with a passenger in your car is a no-no, too? Wow... remind me never to go on a long trip with you, like say... more than a block.

:nono1:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? So carrying on a conversation with a passenger in your car is a no-no, too? Wow... remind me never to go on a long trip with you, like say... more than a block.

:nono1:

No, because the passenger is also aware of your surroundings and can provide feedback, whereas the person on the other end of the phone has no clue what's going on around you. It's a very different situation in that regard.

Consider that the driving public somehow survived the first 100 years of the automobile without using cell phones; why can't we do that now? It's amazing that people think they must take or make calls or text while driving... seriously, if the call or text is so important, then perhaps you should pull over and park so you can focus on that all-important bit of communication? When I first got a Blackberry years ago, I thought that was da bomb... until I realized how irresponsible it was to use the device while driving, so I started pulling over. After a while, I realized how silly that was, so I went back to what I was doing before - that is, before the Blackberry came along. Hmm, my life hasn't suffered as a result. I wouldn't care for it to suffer because someone else didn't see the validity of my perspective and insisted on using a cell phone while driving.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go. I got hit in the rear in February. Same thing. The lady was texting and said she never seen me. I felt ok at the time, but was real sore the next day. Better safe then sorry.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might need to take the guy that hit you to the hospital to get that damned cell phone out of his A$$......which is where it should be stuffed after doing something so asinine as texting while driving.

By all means go see a doctor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom