Hobbies, who hates them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hobby is trying out different hobbies.
Started with fishing and went through shore fishing to belly boat fishing to mini boat fishing to bass boat fishing to tournament fishing. After I sold my second Ranger I moved on to woodworking (which I still putter around with). Then it was hunting to dog training to dog field trials. Now it is golf.
And those were just the outdoor hobbies!
"You can't have everything - where would you put it?" Steven Wright

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my cars but a pain to work on other peoples cars that they do not maintain
So i pick and choose..Sometimes new friends will get your blood flowing right back into your loved hobbies.
Sometimes sharing them with others helps.

So BB you have a lot of material do you :)
I learned to sew when i was 12
I need to build a headliner for my 57..
Like now!
I have the carpet and seats in and built some new door panels.
I also built the engine and trans and all mounts etc,,,I did a bunch of sanding and body work on it also.
The benefit of having a more roomy fishing / hunting vehicle will be worth it in the end.
So far i got this far.
Headliner and more interior pieces this week is my plan.
57 int 001.jpg

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my cars but a pain to work on other peoples cars that they do not maintain
So i pick and choose..Sometimes new friends will get your blood flowing right back into your loved hobbies.
Sometimes sharing them with others helps.

So BB you have a lot of material do you :)
I learned to sew when i was 12
I need to build a headliner for my 57..
Like now!
I have the carpet and seats in and built some new door panels.
I also built the engine and trans and all mounts etc,,,I did a bunch of sanding and body work on it also.
The benefit of having a more roomy fishing / hunting vehicle will be worth it in the end.
So far i got this far.
Headliner and more interior pieces this week is my plan.
View attachment 42893

If BB doesn't have it ask who does, BB knows what Mrs. Lone Wolf has. Trust me.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep ... I could open my own fabric store. I'm thinking I'll run the mercantile store when Bartertown opens up ... I sure hope you guys like "bohemian" ... :P

Hey I have one of those fancy multi-stitch, monogramming rigs, and a surger...yep a surger
and I have a 3 color silk screen rig....Yep...dont know how to use any of them, but they are mine...HaHahaha
Plus I have a roll over scanner, with removable s drive....supposedly you can put it in the computer and transfer it to the monogrammer....supposedly.... ;)

Man that sounds cool , I'm gonna have to learn how to use them ...8)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go to truemans , gibsons or hancock.
I did get some nice dark blue crushed velvet stuff from the TG&Y when they were going out of business in Moore Ok.
I built my seat upholstery for a 66 mustang I had,, I did it in diamond tuft..
My first seats..Yes TG&Y

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbies are fun until they turn into work.

Do yourself a favor and do not ever get into the RC helicopter hobby. Way expensive, very time consuming and very heart breaking.
This is undeniably true. I started in RC airplanes, moved on helicopters so I could fly out of my backyard. Then I learned how expensive and time-consuming a simple helicopter mistake is. One wrong move in this hundred dollars and may hours later before your helicopters flying again . So I switched over to RC cars and trucks not quite as exciting as airplanes or helicopters, but the fixes are easy and usually cheap.

Anyone want to buy some used helicopters and airplanes? I just never put them on the market.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have more than enough hobbies to keep me busy. Lately, I hate everyone one of them to the point I don't ever want to do them again. What should I do? What does OSA recommend?

So, unless you give us an idea of what hobbies you currently involve yourself in, we can't really recommend anything.

That said, I really only have one hobby and that is photography. I don't do the technical stuff, so I can't talk about using Photoshop (or any of those other programs), but I dearly love going out and about and taking pictures. I have family members that swear that I do good photography, but I'm so self-critical of my photos that out of thousands of photos, I've got maybe 80 that I really like. One sister-in-law has the equipment to cut and mat photographs and she wants me to provide her with ten 8"X10" photos that she can mat and sell. I may have to do that, just to see what occurs.

Speaking of getting out, and yes, this is now off-topic, I took my nephew's Jeep Rubicon out last Wednesday and drove Phantom Canyon Drive and Shelf Road and took something like 400+ pictures. This lady walked across the road in front of me, so I stopped and shot this picture through the windshield of the Jeep. She's just above and just to the right of the middle of the photo.

It's just as well I didn't get out of the Jeep, because I then looked to my left and saw the bunch that hadn't crossed the road. I can't believe my own luck at times.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always tell my wife that my hobby is starting new hobbies. I've been into RC (planes and cars), photography (I'm not any good at that), tried learning to play guitar a couple of times and never succeeded. Currently my only hobbies are guns (buying, reloading for, hunting with, shooting, etc), my motorcycles and my 68 Mustang that I'm VERY slowly working on getting back on the road. Right now I need to sucker someone into coming and installing the wiring harness that I have sitting in my office. I just haven't been able to get myself to start on that yet. Oh, and I just plain need to get to know people that are into working on cars for fun so I can learn from them. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom