Home Air conditioner issue help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone recomend a tech. Outside compressor shut down and ive got a preg wife telling me to fix it hah. It looks clean ( cleaned about 2 weeks ago) doesnt feel froze made some strange noise then just shutdown . Id rather look for someone off here then randomly pick out of the phonebook

Did you see post #3 in this thread?

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
objective when charging a system is to fill system just full enough to deliver a solid stream of liquid refrigerant to the TXV or fixed orifice. too much refrigerant means liquid is delivered to compressor, slugging it. high probability of killing the compressor. ). What kinda of damage does this do to your compressor?

eaglerjs

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that it is the Fourth, but call me. I will help any way I can. Call me @ 918 850 2665. Joe This goes for any OSA er.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that it is the Fourth, but call me. I will help any way I can. Call me @ 918 850 2665. Joe This goes for any OSA er.

If you don't mind, I might have to take you up on this in a little bit. I'm having the same issue as the OP. Cool, but not cold, air coming out of the vents. I just replaced the filter about 2 weeks ago at most. I don't see any frosted over lines. I've shut it down completely for now, I'm about to go clean the unit and try again.

Techs were out twice last year, about a month apart. The first time they recharged the unit, the second time they topped it off, but couldn't detect any leaks or malfunctioning parts. Everything has worked great this year until now.

Thermostat reads 84 degrees. Way too warm for me to be comfortable and happy.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Joe will tell you. you need to turn off power, disassemble and wash from the inside out and don't use a squirter!
thumb pressure only on the waterhose or you will bend over the fins and have to straighten them with a fin comb.

lovetoshoot

Marksman
Reaction score
When we built our house we had the same problem. The solution was to install a electric fan in the attic to vent the heat. Our AC was blowing the correct temp air, but the ceiling in our home was almost 90 degrees and close to 130 in the attic. Once the fan was installed the house started getting down to 72 during 95 to 100 degree temps outside..

And on a side note, I will say I have used Joe for issues on my rental and my new house once the builder's contractor warranty ran out, and he has always been very helpful and close to 50% less expensive than any other AC contractor I have used in the past before I was introduced to Joe by a friend. I called one of the popular contractors in Tulsa a few years ago for my rental and they came out charged my system and said I needed a new compressor, I called my friend and he gave me Joe's number, Joe came out and seen it was way overcharged and adjusted the pressures and cleaned my outside unit. Told me the contractor overcharged my system and if I hadn't called him, my compressor would have went out in a few weeks. That was back in 2006 and the unit is still running strong. You can't buy that kind of honesty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom