Hot water tank shot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our tank is leaking. Plumber came out and said we needed a new one. He gave us estimate of $1035 installed for a 50 gallon tank. Does this sound reasonable? He also added $50 for some sort of smaller tank that was code for edmond residents.
He told me 2 other people to try as well if we wanted to get a 2nd opinion, which I thought was pretty cool of him. That right there makes me want to trust him.

Anybody out there do it for less? or have any better ideas?

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CALL TWO OF MY BUDDIES WHO WILL ALSO RAPE YOU?

Anyways, anybody with a couple of wrenches and a can of pipe dope can change a water heater, it's pretty simple as far as home repairs go.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your old tank is in the garage and it sits less than 18" off the floor, it has to be raised up. A big quote may include cost to raise it, whether it needs to be raised or not. Plumbing company in Tulsa sent a guy once to quote a water heater for me and he just read the price out of a book. Raising the tank was included even though it wasn't needed. I found someone else to do it WAY cheaper. I'd call around if I were you, and I WOULDN'T call the folks he recommended.

Latest posts

Top Bottom