Hot water tank shot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
misleading title

being a shooters forum I came here thinking you had "shot" your hot water tank. Maybe when you replace the bad one you can do this. :)

oh and be sure you ask him to show you where the "city" requires this extra whatever. here is the city's code.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/12704/level3/COOR_TIT16BUCO_CH16.08PLCO.html

Cities can require above and beyond the National code if they choose but I dont see where they have done that. It could be a national code that is requiring the extra.

Doesnt hurt to ask

Mike

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a little time typing a reply to this comment, then erased it.

I am glad you have someone to back your Roles Royce out of your garage for you every day so your insurance company does not have to take responsibility for any damage that might happen to it while in an enclosed space.

I dont know what this smartass comment is ment to mean, I was simply trying to be helpful.
Insurance companys are checking for inspections as a way to Not have to pay, do what you want with it, and keep your smartass comments to yourself.
Oh, I just typed what I was thinking did it really post ;)

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consider getting away from the tank and going with a tankless system.

My only concern with this is...the hard water I experience in Tulsa, and that I will have to have a backup generator if the power ever goes out and I want to take a shower...it was a godsend when the ice storm of 200x hit us and power was out for a while. I never had took a cold shower.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ours is gas, the last one lasted about 15 years (which is about right for one to last), and is in a closet in the garage, on a stand at the correct height, etc- would have been a DIY dream job. But. My wife likes things done right when she wants it and she prefers things to be installed by the 'pros', meaning she usually wont wait for me to come home from a working business trip to have something done. She had a new one put in this past spring cause the other one started leaking. She just called our local Ace hardware, they matched the new one to the old one by brand and capacity, and then had a local guy they use in Coweta install it. My kid said he was here about a little more than a hour. All together I think she paid like 5 something for the tank and $150 on the install. Worth the $150 to me for my wife to think that something got done right- unlike how a few of my DIY jobs have gone.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is gas, you are supposed to have a licensed contractor call in a permit. That will cost at least $125 just for the inspection. A grand does not seem high if it is gas. Electric is another story though. Do not listen to the DIY crowd, you cause a gas fire, you could face manslaughter or worse.

Fixed it for you. I put in my own gas one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom