Hot water tank shot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About two years back moms heater died , she picked up a new one at lowes ,called Mullens about install ,they want $800 + for a saturday , I called a shriner buddy who did for $150 and half of that was parts .

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do stuff for myself, however, I would suggest you go by Lowe's and talk to them to decide which water heater you might want. A,B or C They contract out installation at a relatively reasonable price with no excessive markup on the heater YOU want, and 98% of the time good installers. That a better deal/recommendation than you are looking at where he picks out the cheapest for you. All you are looking for is a good water heater with no water or gas leaks, three connections, cold supply in, hot water out, gas to the flame. No big deal. The water valves usually need to be replaced, they rust away with the water heater by design. Both of mine were electric, picked them up from Lowes, flicked the breakers, turned off the water, drained them, replaced them. Just as easy as replacing a sink faucet, just have use a 2 wheel dolly after draining. 2 hour job if you stop and drink a beer or two. Your mileage may vary.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If its not inspected , gas or electric, and it causes a problem.
Your insurance company might not cover it....jus sayin ;)

I spent a little time typing a reply to this comment, then erased it.

I am glad you have someone to back your Roles Royce out of your garage for you every day so your insurance company does not have to take responsibility for any damage that might happen to it while in an enclosed space.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is gas, you have to have a licensed contractor call in a permit. That will cost at least $125 just for the inspection. A grand does not seem high if it is gas. Electric is another story though. Do not listen to the DIY crowd, you cause a gas fire, you could face manslaughter or worse.

What if it starts a fire and burns ALL THE WAY yo the earths core? and blows the planet up!!!

If someone cant make sure the TWO connections dont leak .... Then yes they shouldnt be doing it themselves...

Latest posts

Top Bottom