How the leftwing lib media reports the Blanchard home invasion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was guilty of this. It's kind of embarrassing, at least I embarrassed myself only on the interwebs this time. I met the kid one time this past summer helping my dad build fence on my dad's land out in the Bridge Creek/Blanchard area. He just put off the good ole country boy/good kid vibe. Asked me to go fishing with him sometime. I've lived in the Tulsa area since March, and I was just down helping dad with the fence on the weekend so the fishing was never gonna happen obviously. I know my dad tried to invest some time in him and invited him to their church, and to my understanding he had stopped going a few months back. I'm not trying to do a pity party on this kid. I don't know if he was already into bad stuff at the time I had met him, or if he slowly started going down hill afterwards. I don't feel that the young mother did anything wrong in defending her household no matter her strange family circumstances. I'd do the same, and hope my wife would do the same if someone was breaking into our home.

I've always thought that I am a pretty good judge of character. Guess not all the time. It's just crazy how normal a criminal can appear to the outside world when he wants to. Almost makes me feel like a bad person just cause he had me fooled.

Just keep your eyes open and be aware of everyone, because even the crazies can appear normal sometimes.

Good post.

Too many of us (maybe all) think that we are great judges of character. We are not. Just because a person makes you feel good, has a nice smile etc. doesn't mean a thing. It is what a person does in their life that matters. If you don't know someone's history, do not trust them.

Why the media always takes the side of the criminal is a mystery to me.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess whose side the Oklahoman is on. IMHO, The Oklahoman seems to be trying cover it's rearend and is running two different articles(sides/agendas) on the same event(Blanchard home invasion). If the home invaders had succeeded(got in the house and did their thing with the knife), would story No. 1 even be running in the paper?

1. This article seems to be on the side of the home invader, Justin Martin.
http://newsok.com/family-friends-re...ticle/3638208?custom_click=pod_headline_crime
Family, friends remember a different Justin Martin
BY SHEILA STOGSDILL [email protected] Oklahoman
Published: January 7, 2012

2. This article is more to the point(truthful) and fairer to Sarah Mckinley:
http://newsok.com/rich-lowry-a-mother-with-a-shotgun/article/3638018
Rich Lowry: A mother with a shotgun
BY RICH LOWRY Oklahoman
Published: January 7, 2012

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Washington Post story, written by Suzi Parker out of Arkansas:

"In an email to National Review Online, Palin said, “I’m all in favor of girls with guns who know their purpose.” The comment referred to Sarah McKinley, the 18-year-old who shot 24-year-old Justin Shane Martin on New Year’s Eve as he tried to break into her Oklahoma home."

I missed noticing that statement in my first read of the story. Writing a story without all the facts is not good. Everyone in the Oklahoma stories admits that the perp DID BREAK IN and that Sarah McKinley waited until he did before shooting.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how the libs will play the whole "teens aren't responsible and can't be trusted" but what's the first vote they try to win... 18 yr old new voters. They're all for stripping them of their freedoms (like 2A) but sure wouldn't want to make them live on their own and pay taxes a few years before they voted on issues of what will happen with those tax dollars.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sure seems the Daily Oklahoma was doing a pity party about what a nice guy that knucklehead was. Just one line about him having a 12 inch knife in his hand when he died, but a half a page about what a nice guy everyone that knew him thought he was before he met such a terrible end.
The Oklahoman was once a fairly decent paper. But that went down the drain when old man Gaylord died. Ever since it's been a liberal rag, I think it's now owned by an out of state entity.

I have to admit that I was guilty of this. It's kind of embarrassing, at least I embarrassed myself only on the interwebs this time. I met the kid one time this past summer helping my dad build fence on my dad's land out in the Bridge Creek/Blanchard area. He just put off the good ole country boy/good kid vibe. Asked me to go fishing with him sometime. I've lived in the Tulsa area since March, and I was just down helping dad with the fence on the weekend so the fishing was never gonna happen obviously. I know my dad tried to invest some time in him and invited him to their church, and to my understanding he had stopped going a few months back. I'm not trying to do a pity party on this kid. I don't know if he was already into bad stuff at the time I had met him, or if he slowly started going down hill afterwards. I don't feel that the young mother did anything wrong in defending her household no matter her strange family circumstances. I'd do the same, and hope my wife would do the same if someone was breaking into our home.

I've always thought that I am a pretty good judge of character. Guess not all the time. It's just crazy how normal a criminal can appear to the outside world when he wants to. Almost makes me feel like a bad person just cause he had me fooled.

Just keep your eyes open and be aware of everyone, because even the crazies can appear normal sometimes.

You're young but you are learning. Nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom