I hate MATH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have hated math since algebra in high school. Then in college we were introduced again to algebra, Trig, Calculus and GAWD, Statistics.

Take this example: Zero to the Zeroth power = One. WTF!

He starts making sense then the calculations start reversing themselves. WTF Again!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have hated math since algebra in high school. Then in college we were introduced again to algebra, Trig, Calculus and GAWD, Statistics.

Take this example: Zero to the Zeroth power = One. WTF!

He starts making sense then the calculations start reversing themselves. WTF Again!

I didn’t bother watching it. I’ve drank a lot of beer and booze since HS. That is one racist topic I loved and was good at. Algebra 1,2, trig and calculus, use to be able to do a lot of it in my head. Now is a different story. Don’t use it and haven’t in a long minute. Kind of think most of it would come back though. May be over confidence.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Math was my worst subject in HS and College.
After getting into the real world of work, I finally understood how important math really is.
Algebra is widely used in electrical and electronic fields, trig and geometry in carpentry and construction, and so on.
Had to relearn a lot on my own as progression in the electrical/electronic field became how a living was made.
If I remember right, some of the deep space probes that NASA sent out for flyby’s of planets contained messages written in math because it’s universal. 1+1=2, there is no denying that.
How they wrote the messages has been lost to me, but at the time when reading about how they did this, it made sense.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love math.
I hate literature as I can't remember people names.

I can tell you the engine size and cam specs of friends cars in high school but can't remember their names.
Numbers stick in my head.
Numbers stick in my mind as well. I can remember the military Autovon numbers of a lot of bases from the 70’s for whatever reason, but I don’t know my own kids phone numbers. Cell phones are a name now, not a number.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love math.
I hate literature as I can't remember people names.

I can tell you the engine size and cam specs of friends cars in high school but can't remember their names.
Numbers stick in my head.
I’m along those lines also. I can remember a lot before a certain time. To many concussions and a bout of amnesia some time back. To many screws knocked loose that need to get tightened

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received a D in pre-algebra in 9th grade. My high school counselor said that was a passing grade and all I needed to graduate. He cautioned me against trying to take another math class and lowering my 1.55 GPA even lower.
As an elementary student in the 60's I was a victim of "New Math". I was doing well until one new math teacher took over Algebra as a sub. That sucker would take 30 minutes to explain 2+2. I became really disinterested really fast and like you I made a D Minus Minus having just squeaked by the final exam and I only did that just to get into college.
I cannot remember what my SAT was in math but it was barely passing. Funny thing, I excelled in Physics, Biology and Drafting.

When they got into imaginary numbers my brain just shut off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom