Idea's on Special Place for Honeymoon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is SurJimmy's wife. Thx. everyone for your replies. Definitely interested in a tropical place like Hawaii or the Caribbean. We looked at a couple of places in Maldives & Bora Bora, but decided we would rather have the money to spend during the honeymoon than pay for the round trip tickets to those areas when there are beautiful places in the Caribbean or Hawaii and the flights are half the price. Looking for secluded bungalows rather than a hotel w/ a bunch of people. All inclusive is a plus. I love the photos of Cayo Espanto! An over the water or right on the water bungalow would be a #1 preference. However I also like the look of Rosewood Mayakoba located south of Cancun and north of Playa del Carmen. In answer to your questions tRidiot, surf & sand, relaxing, maybe snorkeling, kayaking, or a little fishing. Shopping at eclectic mom/pop shops preferred over designer stores or tourist traps. Another place I checked out had a trip to Mayan ruins and a canoe trip to a cave but I wasn't super impressed w/ their accommodations.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I did our 25th at The Sands in Grace Bay in the Turks and Caicos.

There is an all inclusive Sandals there also.

Amazing water, White sand. Laid back.

Advantage to the Sandals is that they have catamarans and dive boats.

the Sands is a Condo. We had a big one with oceanfrontage.

Dave

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fiancé and I are going to Sandals in Emerald Bay Exuma, Bahamas for our honeymoon in September. It's all inclusive but a smaller resort with more privacy. I know a couple of people who have been there before and absolutely loved it. There's also a cool bar on a different island that you can go to and sit in a chair that's in the water where sting rays swim up to you.

Here's the website for the resort:

http://www.sandals.com/main/emerald/em-home/

Here's the website for the bar:

http://chatnchill.com

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is SurJimmy's wife. Thx. everyone for your replies. Definitely interested in a tropical place like Hawaii or the Caribbean. We looked at a couple of places in Maldives & Bora Bora, but decided we would rather have the money to spend during the honeymoon than pay for the round trip tickets to those areas when there are beautiful places in the Caribbean or Hawaii and the flights are half the price. Looking for secluded bungalows rather than a hotel w/ a bunch of people. All inclusive is a plus. I love the photos of Cayo Espanto! An over the water or right on the water bungalow would be a #1 preference. However I also like the look of Rosewood Mayakoba located south of Cancun and north of Playa del Carmen. In answer to your questions tRidiot, surf & sand, relaxing, maybe snorkeling, kayaking, or a little fishing. Shopping at eclectic mom/pop shops preferred over designer stores or tourist traps. Another place I checked out had a trip to Mayan ruins and a canoe trip to a cave but I wasn't super impressed w/ their accommodations.

My wife and I have been on many islands in the carib, all over Mexico, the Gulf coast, and thought we had seen it all until taking a cruise out of Seattle to Alaska. What an amazing trip. Scenery like no other, close encounters with critters that could have us for lunch, and the list goes on.

I've not heard of one person taking an Alaskan cruise that said they didn't like it.

triumphUnited

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I went to Bora Bora this past May and loved it. I debated the cost for about two years and finally just said screw it. We stayed at the four seasons Bora Bora for seven days and everything was included except for lunch, which was no big deal. They have three restaurants on the property and a lagoon that you can snorkle in. I have been to several tropical locations and this was by far the most beautiful. You might even see some celebrities there too. I can post pics if you wanna see them.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If time and budget allow, Italy is the #1 most romantic place I've personally visited. You can't go wrong with Venice, Rome or the Tuscan Hill country.
Paris is a good second choice, and with a couple of minor exceptions, I found French people to be polite and helpful.
If you'd rather not deal with a foreign language, England has romantic spots, but you need to get out of London. Oxford, the Cotswolds and the Lake District are good bets. Find a B&B (they're plentiful and relatively inexpensive) and let the locals direct you to the good sights.
Somewhat closer to home, an Alaska cruise is hard to beat.
Anyhow, congrats on a wonderful marriage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom