I'm a bit lost guys, my dad is getting old.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short, my dad is getting old. He's now in his mid 70's, and still easily the meanest, angriest, most resentful old bastard you will ever meet. He's fiercely self reliant. Me and him don't always get along, and he doesn't really listen to much that I say.

Sounds like a moderator on OSA... But seriously, get his legal affairs in order now. No matter how much you have to fight with him and withstand the verbal abuse, you better do it now. Otherwise, he will be proven right and the .gov will get all of his Chit and you will still have the paperwork mess to deal with. You can't really make him care about himself, but you can make the end easier on you and your sister.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost my mother in 1998. She had nothing to her name but personal belongings. No insurance, no retirement. Her only income was a social security check that was a little over $200.00 a month. I moved her in with me and worked everything around my work schedule. My only personal life at the time were my mother and my kids. I took care of her up until the last two months of her life when she had her stroke and had to have hospital care.

All of that hit me pretty hard both emotionally and financially. I treated it like she treated me. She took care of me and kept me going after she and my dad divorced and the least I could do was take care of her.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a moderator on OSA... But seriously, get his legal affairs in order now. No matter how much you have to fight with him and withstand the verbal abuse, you better do it now. Otherwise, he will be proven right and the .gov will get all of his Chit and you will still have the paperwork mess to deal with. You can't really make him care about himself, but you can make the end easier on you and your sister.

Well, I was planning on getting the last of that done next week when I got back from my training in Iowa, but turns out he fell again today and is going down fast. Doesn't know who or where he is, who anyone is, and can't really walk. He is supposedly in the ER right now, I dont know much of what is happening at the moment. I appreciate the help guys.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was planning on getting the last of that done next week when I got back from my training in Iowa, but turns out he fell again today and is going down fast. Doesn't know who or where he is, who anyone is, and can't really walk. He is supposedly in the ER right now, I dont know much of what is happening at the moment. I appreciate the help guys.

HoLeChit - what are the doctors saying? Has he had a stroke or an aneurism? Dementia doesn't set in overnight and from your earlier posts it sounded like he was still in control of his mental faculties but was getting physically frail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom