I'm getting burned out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that sentiment. I’m pretty sure that’s a Dave Ramsey quote? I’ll say this, I wouldn’t go into a partnership with someone I don’t trust 100%. That being said I think I could ONLY do family and there are only a select few. Because the person I’m thinking of I absolutely know he would be thinking about my well being and I would be thinking about his. Idk, I’m not entirely opposed.
It is a DR quote and true.
You know your situation and I don't.
I still would never do it.
But all the luck in your endeavors, I hope I am wrong and your right about this.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that sentiment. I’m pretty sure that’s a Dave Ramsey quote? I’ll say this, I wouldn’t go into a partnership with someone I don’t trust 100%. That being said I think I could ONLY do family and there are only a select few. Because the person I’m thinking of I absolutely know he would be thinking about my well being and I would be thinking about his. Idk, I’m not entirely opposed.
I been watching a good friend find out this truth the hard way over the last 10 months. She told me, don't say you told me so but you were right. Now she's screwed...
And she also thought she picked the right partner.
Just sayin

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a DR quote and true.
You know your situation and I don't.
I still would never do it.
But all the luck in your endeavors, I hope I am wrong and your right about this.
I sincerely appreciate it. And I haven’t made a decision yet. We talked about a month ago. Been listing some stuff to sell to try and accumulate a bit of extra cash because I refuse to take out any debt and I’m not pulling from savings.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s nothing out there that pays the bills like o&g.
Maybe not so. I spent my working career in electronic, electrical maintenance in manufacturing and coal fired power plants. The highest pay scale in blue collar jobs.
Also had a side hack as a contractor for smaller job shops that couldn't afford a full time maintenance person or couldn't' afford to pay the big commercial maintenance companies that charged first class airfare for their techs to travel at $100 per hour and $200 an hour while on the job. Took old relay-controlled machines and converted them into PLC controlled and so on.
I cut that in half or more, and had customers lined up so deep that I had to make a decision to go full time with this and hire techs or stay in the corporate world. Every weekend and some nights for local companies was spent for years working on their equipment. I could see a major future, but probably to my lack of big business knowledge and how to operate something like that, chose to fall back to taking all the overtime and callout's they would give to bank retirement money. Probably missed a great opportunity to start a business. Just didn't know how to go forward with it.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been watching a good friend find out this truth the hard way over the last 10 months. She told me, don't say you told me so but you were right. Now she's screwed...
And she also thought she picked the right partner.
Just sayin
I get it. I really do. The thing is this person I have a relationship with and see on a very regular basis. Our family is very close so the stakes are very high. I’m not taking the situation lightly I assure you

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get it. I really do. The thing is this person I have a relationship with and see on a very regular basis. Our family is very close so the stakes are very high. I’m not taking the situation lightly I assure you
I get that, just make sure your over 50% owner, would be my next best advise. You need leverage in your money

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not so. I spent my working career in electronic, electrical maintenance in manufacturing and coal fired power plants. The highest pay scale in blue collar jobs.
Also had a side hack as a contractor for smaller job shops that couldn't afford a full time maintenance person or couldn't' afford to pay the big commercial maintenance companies that charged first class airfare for their techs to travel at $100 per hour and $200 an hour while on the job. Took old relay-controlled machines and converted them into PLC controlled and so on.
I cut that in half or more, and had customers lined up so deep that I had to make a decision to go full time with this and hire techs or stay in the corporate world. Every weekend and some nights for local companies was spent for years working on their equipment. I could see a major future, but probably to my lack of big business knowledge and how to operate something like that, chose to fall back to taking all the overtime and callout's they would give to bank retirement money. Probably missed a great opportunity to start a business. Just didn't know how to go forward with it.
And honestly that’s the boat I’m in. I see fellas like you and a few others that are in retirement and you’re doing well because you were smart and saved. You were thinking about retirement. The company I work for is very much a retirement company. If I stick it out 20-25 years I should have a pretty good setup. But would I always be regretting not taking a chance and being my own boss? If I did take that chance would I be jeopardizing a sustainable lifestyle for my wife and kids? It’s a tough decision. I don’t want regrets and I don’t want to not make a decision because of fear. If all that makes sense 🤷‍♂️

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? WTF did you just say? :laugh6:
I've just began to play and play hard!

Dennis when the wife has no chores

Skate Park Dancing GIF by Reconnecting Roots

Latest posts

Top Bottom