I'm injury prone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put 7 stitches in my palm a few years back. I used a carpet hook and waxed nylon thread.
Your new nick name is going to be BLACK CLOUD.
I cut my forehead from eybrow to hairline on an engine cowl alignment pin. If i remember correctly i got 22 stitches. I got the nickname ZIPPERHEAD!

Why would you do that unless you live in the most desolate area of Oklahoma without ANY access to a medical facility? Just curious.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Egads! Some of you guys make me wonder how you didn't die a slow, painful death from a resulting infection ... (My dad always sewed us kids up too but at least he had a surgery room and sterile equipment -- not to mention antibiotics to give us ... He let the "real" doctors give us the tetanus shots ...

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why would you do that unless you live in the most desolate area of Oklahoma without ANY access to a medical facility? Just curious.
We had a perfect safety record at the time and I had stitches so many times it was just as easy to do it myself and and be done with it than go sit in a dr office for three hours.
I'll bet Jeff doesn't teach that in his medical class.

C

Caleb

I put 7 stitches in my palm a few years back. I used a carpet hook and waxed nylon thread.
Your new nick name is going to be BLACK CLOUD.
I cut my forehead from eybrow to hairline on an engine cowl alignment pin. If i remember correctly i got 22 stitches. I got the nickname ZIPPERHEAD!

Haha wow! I couldnt do that. I bet you have a nice scare from that

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Haha wow! I couldnt do that. I bet you have a nice scare from that
You can still see the scar on my hand and my forehead. The bad part about my forehead is I had to go back for cosmetic dermabrasion. That was the most pain I think I have ever had at the dr's office.
They basically took what appeared to be a 50 grit sanding disk on a 90degree highspeed and ground through the scar, completely removing the scar and making an 1" wide scab on my forehead.
It healed up pretty nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom