Is it flu season already??? Are you getting a Flu shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Not necessary.

Wash your freakin' hands, Nancy.

I do not take the shot either, no matter how many times Mary post this thread, but washing your hands alone will not always keep you from getting the flu. The shot will not always prevent it either, nothing will always work.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flu is one reason I like my I job. I only have to expose myself to the public enough to boost my immune system, but not enough to get infected.

It's a delicate balance. Who needs people when you've got IRC and OSA?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm...let's see. Inject myself with last years flu bug in hopes of fighting off this years mutated strain. How does this make sense?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every year without fail.

True that the annual Flu vaccine isn't a 100% guarentee that you won't get influenza if exposed, but it cannot "Give" you the Flu and it dramatically improves your odds of avoiding a miserable week or even worse.

I had the Flu in Dec '92 and it sucked. Besides, I get sneezed and hacked on for a living.

Lean in to the needle!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not take the shot either, no matter how many times Mary post this thread, but washing your hands alone will not always keep you from getting the flu. The shot will not always prevent it either, nothing will always work.

True - but the shot has proven to be less than effective. Cleanliness is just as effective as the shot, and much less invasive.

A combo of cleanliness and working to strengthen your immune system through diet, excercise, and rest is much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom