Issues with Tulsa Trash Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in South Tulsa, and since we have gone to the new trash service it has been one issue after another.

It started with the trash not being picked up on the days scheduled a couple of times. Now it is primarily the recycling. Our scheduled pick up day is Monday, and some weeks they are not coming until Thursday or Friday. When I call to complain, the City of Tulsa says they are sorry but can't do anything about it since the service is contracted out. All they can do is let them know it was not picked up and that someone will be out in the next 72 hours.

It's bad enough that everyone has to leave their trash cans on the curb for days at a time, but I can't imagine what it is going to smell like when the heat of summer gets here if the problem is not corrected.

Has anyone else ran into similar issues?

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't doubt your story but I did want to say that we've had literally no problems since the switchover (we live close to Memorial High School). I hope your service gets better.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in South Tulsa and haven't really had a problem until last Monday, New Years Eve. They picked up my trash around 3PM when they normally have it picked up by 7AM. I did notice they were using the arm that grabs the trashcan rather than the dudes in the back loading them onto the lifts. It appeared to have slowed down the pickup speed. Perhaps this is just a learning curve for the guys and they will speed up. I have seen some people still overfill the new trash cans to the point of tipping themselves over, regardless of all the instructions that were given to us...idiots.

Tuplumber

Marksman
Reaction score
I have been having problems with the recycling pickup as well. I live in midtown and mine has not been picked up in two weeks. Have you had the trash cops show up to pick through your trash yet? I was on a job a week ago and a city truck pulled up and began inspecting all the trash cans on the street.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had virtually zero problems with my trash service since the switchover. I too, however, am frustrated by the number of ugly trash carts that are now left at the curb for days after scheduled pickup; stored on a driveway or in the front yard; etc. Some people have no pride in their property nor respect for their neighbors and never will. Also, have you noticed the number of trash carts in use that still have the unopened instruction booklet taped to the lid?? Amazing. No wonder there was (and still is) so much confusion after the switch - some people never even bothered to RTFM.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in South Tulsa and haven't really had a problem until last Monday, New Years Eve. They picked up my trash around 3PM when they normally have it picked up by 7AM. I did notice they were using the arm that grabs the trashcan rather than the dudes in the back loading them onto the lifts. It appeared to have slowed down the pickup speed. Perhaps this is just a learning curve for the guys and they will speed up. I have seen some people still overfill the new trash cans to the point of tipping themselves over, regardless of all the instructions that were given to us...idiots.

I see this constantly! I make sure to never overfill the can, and always space the trash and recyling bins in accordance with the guidelines.

I have been having problems with the recycling pickup as well. I live in midtown and mine has not been picked up in two weeks. Have you had the trash cops show up to pick through your trash yet? I was on a job a week ago and a city truck pulled up and began inspecting all the trash cans on the street.

I have not seen that one yet. Sure they weren't just dumpster diving? LOL

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in south Tulsa, and it has been constant problems. I have had to call the city numerous times. When we first switched, there were several times where they skipped us for 2 weeks. I have finally built enough of a history with them I guess because when they, again, neglected to get my trash on Monday, I called and they had a guy out within 2 hours. Got the trash and recycling.

joemonday

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in in South Tulsa and I have never received my containers. They wouldn't pick up my trash up for the first 5 or 6 weeks and would leave a note saying "green waste must be put in clear bags". I would leave a note for them saying "it is not green waste, it's trash, please pick it up". I last called the City about a month ago and they said it could be another 6-8 weeks before I get my containers. I must say the last 3 weeks they have been picking up my trash bags like the good ole days, but I would like to have a couple of them nice new shiny two wheelers like all of my neighbors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom