Just Why? Whose is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not?

Not my thing, but somebody wants it. Let em have it. Doesn't effect me and keeps us on the same side.

Libturd do what they can to divide us and take freedom a bit at a time. Support each other, even when it's not your thing.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody likes plastic. I can see advantage to it. Doesn't require much skill, if you have the money, or can program a CNC machine of some sort. 3D printers qualify. Not to my taste, though.
There’s actually zero plastic on that gun that I see. All of the accessories are either forged or machined billet.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s actually zero plastic on that gun that I see. All of the accessories are either forged or machined billet.
Ok. I guess it's probably lighter than a wood stock. Adjustable cheek piece would be nice, too, probably. Still think it's fugly, but YMMV. I don't tell other folks how to set up their firearms unless they ask me specifically. And despite the fact that I'm about as lousy as wood worker as you could find, I still prefer wooden furniture on my steel guns. If I ever find an AR-15 or similar in the $200 range, I might buy one. Once upon a time, I had an AR-180, and it was OK, but just not my thing. If you're wondering what "my thing" is rifle-wise, I think the 1903 Springfield is the pinnacle of the gunsmith's art and science for sport and war. But I don't expect everyone to agree with me, or want one of their own. In fact, I'd prefer you guys all decided you should have plastic and metal gunx, and let the prices drop so I can afford more 1903 Springfields!

Truth be told, the only lever guns I own are Steven's boy's rifles. And even there, I prefer steel and wood. But it's OK by me if you like something else, too. Once upon a time, I had a Nylon 66, and someday I may put an synthetic stock on my Ruger 10/22. I wouldn't turn down a Marlin or Winchester lever gun in .45-70 if I could afford it and had the money at the same time, either. If someone made me a particularly good deal, might even go with an all-metal rifle. Those are just my preferences, not anything I'm trying to persuade other to do.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I guess it's probably lighter than a wood stock. Adjustable cheek piece would be nice, too, probably. Still think it's fugly, but YMMV. I don't tell other folks how to set up their firearms unless they ask me specifically. And despite the fact that I'm about as lousy as wood worker as you could find, I still prefer wooden furniture on my steel guns. If I ever find an AR-15 or similar in the $200 range, I might buy one. Once upon a time, I had an AR-180, and it was OK, but just not my thing. If you're wondering what "my thing" is rifle-wise, I think the 1903 Springfield is the pinnacle of the gunsmith's art and science for sport and war. But I don't expect everyone to agree with me, or want one of their own. In fact, I'd prefer you guys all decided you should have plastic and metal gunx, and let the prices drop so I can afford more 1903 Springfields!

Truth be told, the only lever guns I own are Steven's boy's rifles. And even there, I prefer steel and wood. But it's OK by me if you like something else, too. Once upon a time, I had a Nylon 66, and someday I may put an synthetic stock on my Ruger 10/22. I wouldn't turn down a Marlin or Winchester lever gun in .45-70 if I could afford it and had the money at the same time, either. If someone made me a particularly good deal, might even go with an all-metal rifle. Those are just my preferences, not anything I'm trying to persuade other to do.
Understandable. Fugly, but functional. To some, that’s all that matters.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understandable. Fugly, but functional. To some, that’s all that matters.
I like a little grace and beauty with my functional, but that isn't always either affordable or available. Once upon a time, I had dozens and dozens of firearms. Trimmed it down to what I really liked, except that I had my dad hold my Stevens Favorite that had been his first rifle, which was a good thing, since the bastards who packed my household goods for storage stole all my long guns. Had a nearly mint 1903A2 Springfield with a 4-groove barrel, my first rifle, an Agawam Arms .22LR single-shot lever gun, an 870 with 18" barrel, magazine tube extension, and a pistol-grip stock, a Thompson-Center Hawkin in .50, with some small scratches on the stock, and a couple of other rifles I can't even remember what they were now. This was over 30 years ago. Might have been the .45acp fake tommy gun, and an 1898 Mauser. I'd have to find the packing lists again. Know where they are, can't get to them these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom