Lake Lawtonka

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and the family are camping out at Lake Lawtonka. This is my 1st time here. Went & had a Meersburger for lunch. Going up Mt Scott & the wildlife refuge tomorrow. Here's a pic of the sunset from our campground.
i672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_3656f9c1.jpg

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live on the Lake probably just north of where you are camping. That evening view is what sold us on our house.
Have you eaten breakfast at Tami's right next to Bubbas Bait and Beer?

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oufan24 said:
What about Medicine Park? Is there much to do there?

Medicine Park is a must-see. It is where outlaws used to hang-out and you will see why when you are there. They have a lot of blues festivals and other types of concerts there. There are a couple of good restaurants and a little cemented creek to swim in. The Lawtonka damn is there too if you want to see a damn damn built by the WPA. If you like biker gear, they have a Harley shop called,.Chaps my Ass, which makes for a cool shirt, lol. The town has nastalgia. I think the James Gang stayed there. One restaurant was a big deal back in the day and had a whore house upstairs. Do not speed anywhere going to and from or in the town. Don't speed at all on highway 49 once you make the medicine park exit from I44. If you are a religious person, you have to check out Holy City where they have a replica of Bethlehem and its the scene of the famous Easter Pageant. The Meers restaurant uses beefalo for their meat, which is a cross from a buffalo and longhorn and is excellent meat!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget to try the Frickles .......

[Broken External Image]

Solomon's oft-quoted "nothing new under the sun" is shown to be wrong!! I haven't been to Meers in a long time but now have a great reason to go. The mention of the barbecue items is also news to me as I usually have focused on the burgers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom