Legalizing Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an observation about our legislature which is allegedly a representative of those who voted.

From the NHTSA report,

"Effects: Pharmacological effects of marijuana vary with dose, route of administration, experience of user, vulnerability to psychoactive effects, and setting of use.

Psychological: At recreational doses, effects include relaxation, euphoria, relaxed inhibitions, sense of well-being, disorientation, altered time and space perception, lack of concentration, impaired learning and memory, alterations in thought formation and expression, drowsiness, sedation, mood changes such as panic reactions and paranoia, and a more vivid sense of taste, sight, smell, and hearing. Stronger doses intensify reactions and may cause fluctuating emotions, flights of fragmentary thoughts with disturbed associations, a dulling of attention despite an illusion of heightened insight, image distortion, and psychosis.

Physiological: The most frequent effects include increased heart rate, reddening of the eyes, dry mouth and throat, increased appetite, and vasodilatation.

Side Effect Profile: Fatigue, paranoia, possible psychosis, memory problems, depersonalization, mood alterations, urinary retention, constipation, decreased motor coordination, lethargy, slurred speech, and dizziness. Impaired health including lung damage, behavioral changes, and reproductive, cardiovascular and immunological effects have been associated with regular marijuana use. Regular and chronic marijuana smokers may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers have (daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis), as the amount of tar inhaled and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed by marijuana smokers is 3 to 5 times greater than among tobacco smokers. Smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure."

But then again, i would expect pot advocates to say the above is a good thing.
See how that sounds?

I dont care one way or the other if one wants to use it in situations where their use does not interfere with anothers rights.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the NHTSA report,

"Effects: Pharmacological effects of marijuana vary with dose, route of administration, experience of user, vulnerability to psychoactive effects, and setting of use.

Psychological: At recreational doses, effects include relaxation, euphoria, relaxed inhibitions, sense of well-being, disorientation, altered time and space perception, lack of concentration, impaired learning and memory, alterations in thought formation and expression, drowsiness, sedation, mood changes such as panic reactions and paranoia, and a more vivid sense of taste, sight, smell, and hearing. Stronger doses intensify reactions and may cause fluctuating emotions, flights of fragmentary thoughts with disturbed associations, a dulling of attention despite an illusion of heightened insight, image distortion, and psychosis.

Physiological: The most frequent effects include increased heart rate, reddening of the eyes, dry mouth and throat, increased appetite, and vasodilatation.

Side Effect Profile: Fatigue, paranoia, possible psychosis, memory problems, depersonalization, mood alterations, urinary retention, constipation, decreased motor coordination, lethargy, slurred speech, and dizziness. Impaired health including lung damage, behavioral changes, and reproductive, cardiovascular and immunological effects have been associated with regular marijuana use. Regular and chronic marijuana smokers may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers have (daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis), as the amount of tar inhaled and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed by marijuana smokers is 3 to 5 times greater than among tobacco smokers. Smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure."

But then again, i would expect pot advocates to say the above is a good thing.
See how that sounds?

I dont care one way or the other if one wants to use it in situations where their use does not interfere with anothers rights.

These all apply while under the influence. Detecting THC metabolites in your blood stream is not the same as being under the influence. And doing anything while shooting up cocaine will increase your heart rate. Why did they feel the need to include that little tidbit?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These all apply while under the influence. Detecting THC metabolites in your blood stream is not the same as being under the influence. And doing anything while shooting up cocaine will increase your heart rate. Why did they feel the need to include that little tidbit?

You need to read the previous few posts, specifically the conversation veg and UMB. When you have that perspective, it will become clear that you have jumped the gun.

I just cut and pasted from the report, to make a point.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the NHTSA report,

Guidelines are 5ng/mL blood concentration of THC to be "under the influence". Other states have adopted this as their standard.

Under the new Oklahoma law, trace amounts of THC metabolites are considered to be enough to charge with DUI. Trace amounts of metabolites usually state within the system for around two weeks, with some people still showing metabolites a month or more after their last exposure to marijuana smoke. Additionally, hemp oil based products (like skin lotions, cooking products, etc) that do not contain active THC have also been shown to trigger a failure. So even someone who has never smoked marijuana but uses hemp-based products could face DUI charges in Oklahoma. Oklahoma doesn't allow an "out" for marijuana like they do for opiates (poppy seed).

Oklahoma's trying to be "tough" and "zero tolerance", but is really trying to line the pockets of the private prison industry and justify more federal law enforcement funding.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 7 acres I will plant if it gets legalized.
Oklahoma number 1 cash crop today...

This has always pissed me off. It takes 60 lbs of wheat to make a bushel and a bushel of wheat goes for about $7.00 a bushel on CBOT, so that's $.1167 a pound. Refer is $1000 a pound. Same ground will grow it, the same sun shines on it and the same rain waters it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guidelines are 5ng/mL blood concentration of THC to be "under the influence". Other states have adopted this as their standard.

Under the new Oklahoma law, trace amounts of THC metabolites are considered to be enough to charge with DUI. Trace amounts of metabolites usually state within the system for around two weeks, with some people still showing metabolites a month or more after their last exposure to marijuana smoke. Additionally, hemp oil based products (like skin lotions, cooking products, etc) that do not contain active THC have also been shown to trigger a failure. So even someone who has never smoked marijuana but uses hemp-based products could face DUI charges in Oklahoma. Oklahoma doesn't allow an "out" for marijuana like they do for opiates (poppy seed).

Oklahoma's trying to be "tough" and "zero tolerance", but is really trying to line the pockets of the private prison industry and justify more federal law enforcement funding.

Of course this course of action is wrong, on several levels. Am I not being clear about my point?

...And keep more minorities on probation and out of work.

...but is really trying to line the pockets of the private prison industry and justify more federal law enforcement funding.

I would like to hear more about these two statements.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure."

.If I remember correctly, that's the crappy stuff too.

.Now we talkin some shniazzle... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom