looking for a 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am considering getting a 9mm to round out my meager collection and for cheap(er) plinking. it doesn't have to be expensive, i just want something reliable. suggestions?

i had thought about getting a .22 semi, and haven't completely ruled that out yet.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I've learned...if you're going to get a gun, get one of the best. The Sig p226 (E2) is reliable and very accurate. Great for home defense and winter carry. For summer carry..... the Walther PPS.

mec

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Ruger KP95D that I sent many a round down range with. They are very reasonable on the used market

I switched to a G19 to get the same trigger pull as my carry gun (G30) but never had any any problems with the Ruger

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Springfield XD with only 200rnds through it and a fiber optic front sight on here for 380ish around mid december and im not regretting it

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Glock 17 or 19 and a .22 conversion kit then you'll have both and a consistent platform. Trigger time with your .22 will help with the 9mm and vice versa.

Otherwise, I'd go with an M&P or CZ.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This SIG P6 would be a nice buy. As a P6 it's will be made in West Germany.
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...-pistol-very-good-condition-/products_id/1903

If you want to buy new. Check out the Ruger SR9/SR9c, both can be bought new 400-425. Also take a look at the S&W SD9, that is a sweet pistol and can be got for less than 400! The SD9 shares a lot of traits with the M&Ps for quite a bit less. The SD is NOT a redesigned Sigma, it's a completely new design that bridges the gap between the Sigma and the M&P line.

If you want dirt cheap, then the Hi Point C9 is a a decent plinker. Yes it's ugly as sin, but it does work, and it's surprisingly accurate.

Lots of great choices out there, Good luck with your decision!

Latest posts

Top Bottom