Marine Shooting Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is where the legitimate conversations occur.

To keep it serious. The legitimate conversations occur to the left of the raid timeline...what happened leading up to the raid. Who/what/where/why/when is all valid.

Once violence is set in motion, it's hard to stop and even harder to analyze.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were in the former Marine's shoes and heard sirens and knocks on my front door (in the video, they knock at least twice), I would've answered the door and wouldn't have pointed a rifle at people dressed like police officers.

Now flip it around. If you were a current member of the SWAT team executing a raid on a suspected drug smuggler, strong-arm robber, human smuggler and former Marine, and you were confronted with a man gesturing at you with an AR15 what would you have done?

Say you were woken from sleep, as supposedly this FORMER marine was, having worked a graveyard shift at a Copper mine (not many drug dealers that I have known had a physically demanding job by the way) and your wife screams that there is someone at your door with a gun, what would you do?

I only ask this, because by chance, someone came to our door last night at 10:04 PM and knocked. We weren't expecting anyone and the first thing I did was grab my gun. It was a process server that had the wrong address, but I didn't know that and they didn't know that they were at the wrong address. I didn't open the door, but I did have my weapon drawn and at the ready.

Now I have never been a swat member and while I have been shot at, I did not have arms. I have never had training on breaching a door, but I think that if I were pumped up and adrenaline is flowing as it should, and I pop through a door and someone has a weapon, then I would imagine that it would peak my interest and that I would be placing my weapon in a general direction of the weapon I saw. Now, the facts of what went on when they came through the door are not known at this time. It always seems there is their side, the other side and in the middle the facts. We won't get to hear the FORMER marine's side.

03on22s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem I still have with this whole thing is how many shots were fired. Oklahoma just sentenced a man to life for firing 5 more shots than needed. Is the shots fired count on this still 70+? And, the video said he was hit 22 times. Any other details on that?

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem I still have with this whole thing is how many shots were fired. Oklahoma just sentenced a man to life for firing 5 more shots than needed. Is the shots fired count on this still 70+? And, the video said he was hit 22 times. Any other details on that?

You're comparing two completely different situations...

Unarmed (and incapacitated) suspect vs armed (and mobile) suspect

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought you wanted to have a serious conversation?

Counting rounds fired and how many seconds between the first and last shots is not productive or relevent unless you have some huge database of every gunfight/police raid ever conducted in your noggin, along with practical experience in same.

Move left on the timeline and we can have a serious conversation. Otherwise count me out....

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Last edited:

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, it may not make it better even if he was a scumbag as in my perfect world, even the guilty should get a trial.

If you want a trial, don't risk it by pointing a rifle at the police.

Say you were woken from sleep, having worked a graveyard shift, and your wife screams that there is someone at your door with a gun, what would you do? Really, what would you do?

Well, ignoring the Sirens, banging on door, shouts of "POLICE SEARCH WARRANT", and uniformed men with POLICE patches all over them.......I'd probably grab my gun and wait to see if someone tried to enter the residence.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those were the weakest knocks and announcements of "Police" that I could imagine. It's like they didn't want anyone to hear them at the door. Sure they blew the siren a couple of times, but how often does a random siren go off in this neighborhood? It doesn't mean the police are at your door just because a siren sounded for a second. Also, as someone else pointed out, they didn't give the guy near enough time to answer the door.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those were the weakest knocks and announcements of "Police" that I could imagine. It's like they didn't want anyone to hear them at the door. Sure they blew the siren a couple of times, but how often does a random siren go off in this neighborhood? It doesn't mean the police are at your door just because a siren sounded for a second. Also, as someone else pointed out, they didn't give the guy near enough time to answer the door.

You do realize that the video was shot from inside what appeared to be an armored vehicle, of course the shouts are going to sound muffled.....

8 seconds... is how long the siren sounded, and from the first siren to the door being breached was right at 27 seconds. That is PLENTY of time for him to realize what is going on and open the door!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom