Marine Shooting Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of my issue here is what is on the video does not match what the official police statement says. Police said sirens were blaring the entire time and that they announced themselves multiple times before forcing entry. That obviously does not line up.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never mind not fit for the forum.

I am out carry on

EFs, I saw what you wrote and I can agree to an extent, but 27 seconds is a LONG time in the scope of things.... Seriously use a stopwatch and sit there for 27 seconds, and then think. It would only take me a few seconds to get out of bed and find my gun if my wife came in screaming (I've had to do this several times, as I'm sure many of you have also). There's still time for things to be deescalated on his end!

Part of my issue here is what is on the video does not match what the official police statement says. Police said sirens were blaring the entire time and that they announced themselves multiple times before forcing entry. That obviously does not line up.

The statements I've read just say "We went lights and sirens and we absolutely did not do a 'no-knock' warrant." Nothing about them going the whole time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy shades of Waco! Couldn't they have done more legwork to determine if he was a threat or not?
Caught him at work or the store and then peacefully searched the house.
Sounds like they must have gotten their training from the ATF.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet another example of the overuse of SWAT teams, They knew the guy worked at steady job and had a set schedule so they had two options
1. pick him up at work or on his way to or from there.
2. Use Paramilitary team to force a sudden and violent confrontation with him in a house where his wife and kid are.
Their choice to escalate the situation is what set all later events into motion.

As far as the guy supposedly pointing an AR at them I seriously doubt thats how it went down. They got caught in a lie when it was found out the gun hadn't been fired so they had to change their story to he pointed it at us which doesn't make much sense when you take into account that safety was still on. This is where him being a former Marine comes into play, I seriously doubt that with his weapons training he simply forgot to turn the safety off before he aimed at a target he intended to shoot. The more likely explanation is that he was holding gun in his hands and was shot because some SWAT office panicked at the sight of a gun. This is given more credence by the fact that the department released the helmet cam of some dude sitting in a truck and not one of the guys standing in the doorway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom