Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If MJ didn't have any medicinal value as some state, why would the drug companies synthesize THC.

Out of curiosity I looked up the cost of Marinol. It averages $702 for 60 2.5mg pills for a person without insurance. Follow the money. Guess the pharmaceutical companies couldn't find a way to patent a plant. I dunno...

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've tried to stamp out MJ for many many years and it seems to have gotten more popular. Wasn't it legalized in Washington DC? It's odd to keep imprisoning people and spending billions fighting something you can't beat and can't even be sure should be illegal.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've tried to stamp out MJ for many many years and it seems to have gotten more popular. Wasn't it legalized in Washington DC? It's odd to keep imprisoning people and spending billions fighting something you can't beat and can't even be sure should be illegal.

and that grows naturally on it's own

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9 states have it so far.

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-can-you-legally-smoke-weed-2017-1

I think most of the resistance to it from the general public is due more to habit and convention. I think a lot of people that are more culturally and religious conservative tend to still associate it with the 60's, hippies, and free love and all that. (Just a theory of mine.)

I think though that if it weren't so easy to produce or replicate by any old person with the right equipment and a bit of entrepreneurial ingenuity then I think it would be legal, because then it would be easier for big pharma to monopolize it and make windfall profits. The beauty of the legal weed movement from an economic standpoint and it's almost like a hyper localized version of manufacturing instead of the usual one we've been accustomed to where prescription drugs (and other goods in general) are made far away from where they are consumed. Think about that for a second. Pot is almost entirely produced and distributed locally. More of the money stays in the local economy. In time I think it would foster a greater sense of community. In time it could eventually spill over into other industries, down to the packaging the pot is sold in, the distribution networks, paraphranelia, etc. I think it would be a mistake to try and stamp it out, even by people who think it does nothing but harm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom