Metal Buildings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to build a 30x50 shop.Red iron w/ 26ga. roof and walls and 4”concrete floor. I know that it’s not such a great time to build but was wondering if anyone knows someone that they could recommend? I live in the northwest part of the state. I have received one quote but was wanting to get at least another one or two. I figure that some of you fellers might have used some good builders and could pass along your experiences and knowledge.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own/developed a few commercial complexes and have built dozens of metal buildings (from 1200sf to 15,000sf) from the ground up. Message me and I will connect you to the contractors I use. You'll get best price out there (since you'll be coming through me).

*I have a fantastic contractor for concrete (he does everything from dirt prep, drainage to finish work)

*I have a fantastic contractor for red iron/metal building (he works with my concrete contractor to put in piers where needed and is the best out there)

*I have a fantastic spray foam contractor (open or closed cell) that can spray and paint very quickly and (more importantly) with zero mess.

All 3 have worked together on dozens of these for me and they work really well together. I am at the point where I could go from dirt to insulated building ready for power within 30 days.

I just had a 50X80 put up (in last month) and here was cost breakdown:

Dirt work/grading with heavy 4" plus 12 piers: $26K
Complete metal building (11' shoulders 15' peak) plus security door $57K
2" closed cell spray foam plus fully coated in white $22K

Roughly $26.25/sf

Example of one of my developments...this is on Waterloo in Edmond
DJI_0629.JPG

Last edited:

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d stay away from red iron and go I beam if I were going metal frame. I’d also look hard at a standing seam roof.

I’m probably a little bitter because I had thousands stolen from me, and did my damndest to hire every piss poor contractor in a 100 mile radius, but if it were me, I’d go talk to Morton. They’re pole barn and higher than hunter Biden, but they’re usually built very well, and if there is an issue you’ve got someone to go to and tell them to make it right. I’m convinced for one honest builder/sub you’ll find the other 99 are professional thieves and liars, are gambling addicts or have substance abuse problems, or are self employed because they’re the only one dumb enough to hire them.

My parents just had a house, garage, and shop done and are very pleased. They had some issues with subs (they did not have Morton do it turnkey but elected to hire out and oversee the finish work themselves), but Morton themselves did what they said they’d do. It’s very well built, and I’d put its strength and rigidity up there with all but the heaviest I beam construction I’ve seen. They’ve also got warranties if issues arise.
If interested, I’ve got the number of their GC as well as the foreman who is now out on his own - he was outstanding and they were thrilled with everything he did.

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to build a 30x50 shop.Red iron w/ 26ga. roof and walls and 4”concrete floor. I know that it’s not such a great time to build but was wondering if anyone knows someone that they could recommend? I live in the northwest part of the state. I have received one quote but was wanting to get at least another one or two. I figure that some of you fellers might have used some good builders and could pass along your experiences and knowledge.

In 1989 i out grew the 2500 sq.ft shop i rented , found an old warf , 45ft wide & 500 ft long with 8 " of concrete , on a 1 1/2 acre site , bought the property CHEAP.....the surprizes started , never relized a "Tin Can" structure would be soooo expensive....talked to the Butler & Strand people along with custom builders.....no way am i gonna get this done , might as well sell the property.......A 'Tin Can" building , what's so tough about that ???.....in my travels i notice these Mini Storage Units ,,, i called a set up a meeting....i wanted 30 ft wide X 250 ft long with 12ft eave hieght with 11 ga (.120 Thk) material.....with a few doors & a few garage doors......NO PROBLEM......dug my own well , put in 3 phase service......fans , toilets insulation.....total cost was 129k......had my shop / factory a monthly rental income from a few tenants , i only occupied 3900 sq ft , rental units were 30 x 30 ft......as now i'm retired , sold the property & building 2018 for triple what i paid........ck.out mini storage units in your area , i think U can get what you want at a reasonable price......hope this helps......

Attachments

• IMG_20140705_113527406_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140705_113527406_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160213_191358488.jpg
    IMG_20160213_191358488.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 0

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a cousin in law that builds metal buildings out there in northwest Oklahoma. I’ll see if I can get his company info and I’ll pm it to you. I don’t wanna just share his personal phone number without permission n such.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own/developed a few commercial complexes and have built dozens of metal buildings (from 1200sf to 15,000sf) from the ground up. Message me and I will connect you to the contractors I use. You'll get best price out there (since you'll be coming through me).

*I have a fantastic contractor for concrete (he does everything from dirt prep, drainage to finish work)

*I have a fantastic contractor for red iron/metal building (he works with my concrete contractor to put in piers where needed and is the best out there)

*I have a fantastic spray foam contractor (open or closed cell) that can spray and paint very quickly and (more importantly) with zero mess.

All 3 have worked together on dozens of these for me and they work really well together. I am at the point where I could go from dirt to insulated building ready for power within 30 days.

Roughly $26.25/sf

View attachment 369563
How far will your guys travel?

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Roughly $26.25/sf

View attachment 369563

Latest posts

Top Bottom