More Teens Turning To Ozempic Drug For Weight Loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the point is?

I think the master's thing is a recent development. I think a Batchelor's degree in nutrition was sufficient.

Depends on if the guy on a gun forum also has a master's degree. Unless you're calling out specific guys. Not to mention that any guy on a gun forum can do his own research and doesn't need a degree to see the truth.
Increasing degree requirement's (to qualify for licensure) over the years in many health professions is nothing new. This is because of the increased complexity of the subject matter due to advances in medicine & technology, the changes/advances in scope of practice for licensure, and the advanced training required to demonstrate competency in the advancing practice of the profession. I can remember in the old days, pharmacists were only Baccalaureate level trained & now require a doctoral level of education. Similar changes required increasing to graduate level education with therapists, NP’s PA’s, etc. Some health professions in the old days were only OJT trained & now require degrees to be eligible for licensure. There’s no longer enough time to fit/incorporate all the education & clinical rotations in only 4 years.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I changed was diet soda, I stopped drinking it, water. Soda I was drinking, 0 calorie, 0 carbohydrates. Bam, ketosis afterwards. I do know what it takes. Even with all meat, fish, chicken diet soda is a Keto killer. Tried to eliminate cheese first, no results.
Good job kicking the diet soda habit.

Sounds like you were eating a High Protein Ketogenic Diet…

“The biggest drawback to this diet is that excess protein in your body is converted to glucose and used as fuel. This glucose can hinder your ability to fully get into ketosis and stay there (which is the ultimate goal of the ketogenic diet in general).”

https://cleanketolifestyle.com/the-high-protein-ketogenic-diet-explained/

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You misunderstand my point: pick an expert that you like and follow their advice.
Unless you do your own deep scientific research (more than watch videos, real years-long studies etc) you really don't know who to trust.
Just because they're educated doesn't mean they were taught the truth.

Picking someone that I like sounds more like confirmation bias than actually searching for truth.

Instead of saying, “Just because they're educated doesn't mean they were taught the truth.” I might say, just because they're educated doesn't mean they aren’t biased.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exercise isn’t the best drug for weight loss. You cannot out exercise a fork. Exercise burns very few calories compared to the calories your metabolism requires to keep you alive on a daily basis.

The best way to lose weight is through eating fewer calories per day than your metabolism needs to carry out all its various functions.
No truer words HiredHand.

It's the hunger or food chatter between meals and portion control that most can't escape. Unless you are growing your own food, you are eating nutritionally deficit grocery store food. So, naturally your body is craving more at times.

I'm generally responding to the thread so that there is some "experiencer" balance. I absolutely don't believe it should be prescribed for teens who want to loose a few vanity pounds. But, for morbidly obese teens, looking at pre-diabetes, it may be a welcome option along with some diet changes and exercise encouragement.

I've been on Ozempic for a year now for diabetes II. It helped reduced my daily blood sugars from 180 average an 86 average. That's a real wow factor. The experience of the weight loss of 30lbs was grand, but the side effects it causes in your GI track are a difficult part of the experience and will have you questioning your resolve at times to continue taking the drug. After being on it for 8 months I felt the appetite suppressing effects had long warn off so I decided to cycle off of it for a three month period and give my bowels a break. As expected, my appetite came back with a vengeance, I gained back 20lbs and my daily blood sugars rose to 175 daily average. With in a week of getting back on the drug my daily average blood sugars decreased to 86 again and my weight began to decrease too. It's more than an appetite suppressant, it actually stimulates my own insulin secretion and improves my cellular insulin resistance. The slow down in gastric emptying reduces the rate at which glucose appears in my circulation. Those are the main intents of GLP-1 drugs, not suppressing ones appetite.

For the most part all of these things are very beneficial for me as a moderately obese diabetic. Some antagonist say paralyzing your stomach is a very bad thing and I couldn't agree more. Some have found themselves in the hospital because of this and it has worried me at times after several days of irregularity. So, like all drugs, I guess it boils down to cost of benefit weighing against the harm that diabetes itself may cause me long term. I think the effects of the latter will kill me first.

So, it is a great drug for type II diabetics, obese or not. If you are considering this drug to help you lose weight, it will do just that. However, unless you have permanently modified your mindset, mouth and diet while taking the drug, you will gain the weight back after you stop taking it. Food chatter is a real thing.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No truer words HiredHand.

It's the hunger or food chatter between meals and portion control that most can't escape. Unless you are growing your own food, you are eating nutritionally deficit grocery store food. So, naturally your body is craving more at times.

I'm generally responding to the thread so that there is some "experiencer" balance. I absolutely don't believe it should be prescribed for teens who want to loose a few vanity pounds. But, for morbidly obese teens, looking at pre-diabetes, it may be a welcome option along with some diet changes and exercise encouragement.

I've been on Ozempic for a year now for diabetes II. It helped reduced my daily blood sugars from 180 average an 86 average. That's a real wow factor. The experience of the weight loss of 30lbs was grand, but the side effects it causes in your GI track are a difficult part of the experience and will have you questioning your resolve at times to continue taking the drug. After being on it for 8 months I felt the appetite suppressing effects had long warn off so I decided to cycle off of it for a three month period and give my bowels a break. As expected, my appetite came back with a vengeance, I gained back 20lbs and my daily blood sugars rose to 175 daily average. With in a week of getting back on the drug my daily average blood sugars decreased to 86 again and my weight began to decrease too. It's more than an appetite suppressant, it actually stimulates my own insulin secretion and improves my cellular insulin resistance. The slow down in gastric emptying reduces the rate at which glucose appears in my circulation. Those are the main intents of GLP-1 drugs, not suppressing ones appetite.

For the most part all of these things are very beneficial for me as a moderately obese diabetic. Some antagonist say paralyzing your stomach is a very bad thing and I couldn't agree more. Some have found themselves in the hospital because of this and it has worried me at times after several days of irregularity. So, like all drugs, I guess it boils down to cost of benefit weighing against the harm that diabetes itself may cause me long term. I think the effects of the latter will kill me first.

So, it is a great drug for type II diabetics, obese or not. If you are considering this drug to help you lose weight, it will do just that. However, unless you have permanently modified your mindset, mouth and diet while taking the drug, you will gain the weight back after you stop taking it. Food chatter is a real thing.
You have been on it about as long as I have, but I was more of a pre diabetic than a true DM2. The weight loss has worked wonderfully for me, I'm down 60+ pounds and my A1C is like 5.2 down from 6.0. Your right about the bowel changes, but I will live with them for keeping the weight off. Being arthritic and working from home have their drawbacks too, makes exercise problematic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom