Motorcycle Gremlin Bells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the proper etiquette on gremlin bells? Are they transferable from my old bike to my new bike? Is there a list of rules to follow? Thanks again for all your info...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the decorative bells that people hang from the handlebars and other parts of their bikes? I can't see any legal reason why not to transfer them. Now if you're talking in the spiritual sense, well...... :anyone:

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only proper etiquette for em as far as i know is they are supposed to be a gift. I don't see any problem with transfering them from one bike to another. They are for the rider, not the bike. IMO

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I am referring to those ornaments. There actually is an etiquette, it has more "power" if you are given it rather than buying one yourself. The lower they are attached to the bike the better they work.... I figured since ive already installed one that a friend gave me, i dont want to jinx something...

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard anything about transferring them from bike to bike. Only that they are supposed to be given as a gift, not bought for yourself. As far as I can figure, they are given to a person, not to the bike. But everyone's thinking may differ on this. Not a big deal, your wife/mom/gf/whatever can just buy you a new one to go with the new bike.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Transferring is OK.
Never put them on the handlebars, always on the lower frame.
The ringing of the gremlins, and since they jump on the bike from the road, the lower the better.
And you can not buy your own gremlin bell. It must be given as a gift from a friend.

Legend has it that a small bell attached to your motorcycle, close to the ground, catches the Evil Road Spirits. The Little Gremlins live on your motorcycle causing all kinds of mechanical problems. The cavity of the bell attracts these Evil Spirits, but the constant ringing drives them insane and they lose their grip and fall to the ground. (Have you ever wondered where pot holes come from?)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, at the dealership I worked in for years, we did A LOT of wreck estimates, many of which were for the recently deceased. One day, my little buddy Rodney was doing a wreck estimate, and made the observation that almost ALL the wrecks we did had a stupid bell on them.

Needless to say, most of us working in the back that had them removed them from our bikes promptly... just in case. I have never had one, but then I dig chicks...

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do not open an umbrella indoors.
do not cross a black cats path.
do not walk underneath a ladder.
do not hand someone an open knife.
do not eat balck eyed peas on new years day.
and the list goes on. i would not transfer the bell from bike to bike. the bell and the bike become one after installation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom