NCAA Claims minorities aren't smart enough...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think It’s a lot harder to be a straight A student if your mom works three jobs and your dad is in prison, than if you lived in Oak tree in Edmond where you scoot over to your girlfriends House on a golf cart. And the title of this thread is very disingenuous and fairly offensive

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it matter? They are/were Americans, and it happened to them. Seems to me that I read about Jewish American servicemen who were sent to concentration camps, as well.
My grandmother was a polish Roman Catholic and in a labor camp. She told me of stealing potato peels from pigs to feed my young uncle

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a skeptic; most history books that appear to be at all unbiased (as regards WWII, anyway) were written by British authors. Anything written by the Americans and Russians are typically just warmed over 1940s propaganda, as far as I can see. That period of history is way too complicated to just relegate it to the Holocaust. Took 60 years to get one memorial to the Bataan Death March - which happened to U.S. servicemen; Google shows 16 Holocaust museums stateside - an event that didn't even happen here, or to Americans. Think your average 14 year old has even heard of the Bataan Death March? How about the Holocaust?
I know my daughter's American History class had a pretty extensive WW2 segment, but it wasn't in the regular curriculum, it was offered by the American Veteran's Center. Teacher was the son of a WW2 vet and passionate about it, also a non OEA/NEA member lol. I ask every teacher every year if they are out of curiosity at the meet and greet and the beginning of each year lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a friend here in OKC, that was in a camp. She was a teenager and her family sent her to her grandmother's home for safety, but a few months before liberation they were rounded up and put in one of the camps. She doesn't like to talk about it much, so we haven't asked any questions. A very nice lady, widowed a few years ago, but has become a full-fledged Okie!
I went to High school with a guy who's parents lived through the concentration camps in Germany, the tattoo numbers still on their arms. He has written books about them and their time in the camps.
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/until...nblit_kathleen-janger/549635/#edition=4443964After being liberated, they immigrated to the US and if anyone has been to Ponca City, they built and operated the Dixie Dog drive on the Southern side of Ponca for 40 some years before retiring. The business is still there and operated by another High School friend that worked there while in High School.
Great immigrant Americans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom