new lease with goats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is the only guy I know around with goats. He is a hunter himself though and I'm sure is trying to make it work for you. Good luck and tell him his mechanic said Hi. Tell him you want to hunt on his dad's place over west of Enid. There are some good ones over there.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although, they have not jumped the fence yet.

Give'em time. Goats are amazing to down right hiliarious. Grandpa used to say "Sheep wake up every morning looking for a place to die and goats get up every morning looking for a place to get out!"

Anyway, if he is moving the goats shouldn't be an issue for you much longer.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you hear that non-sense? Used to feed corn to my goats in TX all the time. Never had one die from "corn poisoning"!!

Trust me Whole corn is bad for little goats. I feed my dads goats some a few days in a row and 2 died. Yes it was summer and they were penned up cause they got out all the time. We penned them up and was taking them to the sale the next week. I had corn and i told him i would take care of them. 2 did not make it to the sale!

Corn is basically safe for goats in small amounts. While corn is a relatively low protein item, corn does contain a certain amount of calcium which in excess, can contribute to the onset of Urinary Calculi in bucks. It should also be noted that corn generates heat which in my opinion can be used to advantage during the cold winter months. Consumption of corn during the winter will help to raise body temperature, again, to be fed in small amounts. Corn fed during the summer will also raise body temperature, not necessarily a good thing when it is hot. While there is a tendency to feed corn because it is less expensive than other grains and balanced nutrition rations, it is not necessarily the best choice all around. In particular, whole corn is very tough on teeth. Older goats will have difficulty grinding whole corn. If you feed any corn at all, try cracked corn or crimped corn. The only evidence that I can offer that "some" corn is okay is the fact that many top dollar goat chow rations contain amounts of cracked corn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom